Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat 8/15-8/21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
So, this is probably more of a question for a nurse or midwife but here goes. I can't stop taking HPT! I have to know that everything is okay. I still have nausea and am exhausted, my emotions are all over the place. These are all tell tell signs for me. I just can't get over the need for confirmation. SO, if something were wrong how long would the HCG stay in my system? The tests are blaring positive, even the $1 store ones that never work for me. I am becoming a crazy person!
I know what you mean. I feel the same way. I always feel better once I get that first appointment in and hear or see the heartbeat. I have no idea about the HCG though.

mama, you are not alone in your feelings.

Advertisement

ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayla View Post
So, this is probably more of a question for a nurse or midwife but here goes. I can't stop taking HPT! I have to know that everything is okay. I still have nausea and am exhausted, my emotions are all over the place. These are all tell tell signs for me. I just can't get over the need for confirmation. SO, if something were wrong how long would the HCG stay in my system? The tests are blaring positive, even the $1 store ones that never work for me. I am becoming a crazy person!
I constantly worry too, i think thats why i have such a hard time sleeping at night as well. I lay in bed with my hands on my belly and my thoughts in my head go crazy! I look at my previous pg tests probably everyday. I have 1 FRER test left and have been holding off on peeing on it!

Cant wait till we can all go in for out first prenatal visit and sonogram so that we can worry less!
Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #23
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I want to keep POAS too, Chayla, but I fight the urge!!! I did it every day for 2-3 days then every other day for a few, but I had to stop. I just think it made it worse for me somehow. It's better and healthier for you to just RELAX and let nature take it's course! What will be will be, right? I think that is one bad thing about getting an early BFP - we all have more time to worry during this volatile time in our pregnancies. Stress is a potential cause for loss (ugh - I hate even mentioning it!) but it is important to keep the stress under control as much as possible!

Now, having said that... I worry about it, too. I remember during my last pregnancy, I would always shift around to send a surge of pain in my boobs (sorry if tmi!) because I *knew* that meant I was still pregnant (when I had my miscarriage before that, the pain suddenly disappeared). I don't have any soreness this time, so I just have to have faith that everything is fine. At night when the worry tries to take over, I try to think about lying on the beach, hanging out by a campfire, or sometimes even flying down a mountain on my snowboard It usually helps at least for a little while. Good luck, y'all. Chayla, I hope you can relax a little!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #24
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
I want to keep POAS too, Chayla, but I fight the urge!!! I did it every day for 2-3 days then every other day for a few, but I had to stop. I just think it made it worse for me somehow. It's better and healthier for you to just RELAX and let nature take it's course! What will be will be, right? I think that is one bad thing about getting an early BFP - we all have more time to worry during this volatile time in our pregnancies. Stress is a potential cause for loss (ugh - I hate even mentioning it!) but it is important to keep the stress under control as much as possible!

Now, having said that... I worry about it, too. I remember during my last pregnancy, I would always shift around to send a surge of pain in my boobs (sorry if tmi!) because I *knew* that meant I was still pregnant (when I had my miscarriage before that, the pain suddenly disappeared). I don't have any soreness this time, so I just have to have faith that everything is fine. At night when the worry tries to take over, I try to think about lying on the beach, hanging out by a campfire, or sometimes even flying down a mountain on my snowboard It usually helps at least for a little while. Good luck, y'all. Chayla, I hope you can relax a little!!!
It takes forever for me to get sore boobs while pregnant. It is seriously one of the very last symptoms I get.

I know what you mean about what will be will be. I really believe everything happens for a reason in my life but when it comes to being pregnant I have SUCH a hard time letting go like I do in all other aspects of my life. Well with my children I have a hard time with that too.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #25
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi Mamas! Just thought I'd check in here. I have no news to report, though. I haven't had another blood draw or sonogram since last Wednesday. I go in for another one of each Thursday to see if they can see a bean. I've been avoiding the boards a little bit, since everything seems so up-in-the-air. I haven't been focusing on the fact that I'm pregnant (although I did park in the expectant mom spot at Hy-Vee today ) in an effort to soften the blow if things end badly like my doctor thinks they will.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #26
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmommy View Post
Hi Mamas! Just thought I'd check in here. I have no news to report, though. I haven't had another blood draw or sonogram since last Wednesday. I go in for another one of each Thursday to see if they can see a bean. I've been avoiding the boards a little bit, since everything seems so up-in-the-air. I haven't been focusing on the fact that I'm pregnant (although I did park in the expectant mom spot at Hy-Vee today ) in an effort to soften the blow if things end badly like my doctor thinks they will.
I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are doing! Thanks for the update! I think you are doing the right thing, just keep your chin up and keep smiling! You don't know until you know.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #27
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lora, I have been thinking about you too!

I did call the midwives today. Told the receptionist my issues about insurance. She said to wait, they would be so expensive. She said maybe try planned parenthood. I haven't called them, didn't have time today. She also said that it could have been implantation bleeding. I was shocked because it seems so late! She said it could have been even at 5 1/2 weeks and if it was so little and insignificant and stopped so early that most likely all is well.

Will be really busy in the next week so hoping I can make it thru without too much thinking, KWIM.

I believe in the whole things will work out as they need but darn these early BFPs!!! I didn't worry with my first b/c i had no idea, wasn't trying, should have been preventing a lot harder I do feel better tho! Thanks for listening to my craziness.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have a question for you ladies: when is everyone's 1st appointment? I got a call back from the doctor's office today and I don't see my OB until September 16th I don't have a history of loss so I guess that's why I can wait but I want to see my bean now! I'm so impatient lol.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cant fit into my jeans anymore. I've lost 50 lbs since my 20 months old was born. My pants were so loose, just bought pants in a smaller size. Good thing, i held on to my larger sizes. Is this bloat or have i really gained that much weight already?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #30
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsmommy10 View Post
Have a question for you ladies: when is everyone's 1st appointment? I got a call back from the doctor's office today and I don't see my OB until September 16th I don't have a history of loss so I guess that's why I can wait but I want to see my bean now! I'm so impatient lol.
Ugh! That's a long wait! Mine is actually next Tuesday, 8/23. It's early, but since they go by my LMP (my cycles were usually 38-45 days) they said I could be like 7-8 weeks. Pretty sure I'm only 5, but I definitely can't say I'm not happy about an early appt.