Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #31
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat 8/15-8/21

I have my appointment Sept 12th. We went with midwife again, but different ones than last time. We had issues with one of our midwives and actually opted for her to not attend the birth. She was pushy about her views on circ and about breastfeeding, freaked us out about DS weight in the first few days and then didn't even show up for her next app't with us. Anyway, we are going to try a new midwifery group. They support the VBAC I am hoping for! I am anxious and excited to hear the heartbeat of our baby. I think we'll opt for no ultrasound until 20 weeks, just because they don't really know the implications of ultrasounds on babies since ultrasounds are relatively new to the world. I can't wait for Sept 12th!! I will be able to relax then, for the most part. I'll be 10 weeks along

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 10:19 PM   #32
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first appointment is Sept 9th. They wanted me to come in next week but I made the appointment for later to get situated with our new schedules. This was before the spotting but not changing it now.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 PM   #33
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmm I haven't even interviewed midwives yet. Im waiting til Im six weeks. My last pregnancy I didn't go in to the CNM til 12 weeks. It was nice to be that far along before I started with the appointments.

If the midwives don't work out I will probably call for an appointment in the next few weeks.
ReadingRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #34
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

I saw my midwife today, just for a blood draw. It was awesome though, I got to see the midwife and medical assistant and chat with both. Kelly, the mw, was super nice and DH was very impressed.

Last night, my BFF and I took a tour of the birth center. It's not done yet, but will be by September and my next appointment is there. They're going to have a kitchen for family and friends to use, and a smoothie bar! DH was pretty excited about that, haha. I'm soo excited to deliver there, and have my bestie there with me.

I feel like a loser, but I busted out maternity skirts and pants the past couple days! They're sooooo comfy compared to the rest of my clothes. I'm really bloated, so that helps keep them up, and I'm guilty of pulling the belly panel up to my boobs.. anyone else break into their maternity stash yet?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #35
crunch!910
Registered Users

I couldn't afford maternity clothes when I was pregnant with DS. I wore all baggy, stretch clothing and DH's tshirts.

I'm very excited to be able to go maternity clothes shopping with this one! DH's new job just needs to hurry up and get him in there making money so I can go shopping.

My "FAT" shorts that usually falll off my butt were a bit tighter buttoning today. As the day goes on and they loosen a bit they'll be dragging again, but I can tell my uterus is pushing my used to be kind of flatish, flabby and loose skin tummy in the outward direction. It's going to be awhile before my belly looks cute for this pregnancy. I took a 5 week picture, but probably won't take another for awhile, until its stretched out enough that its just a round tummy, instead of the flab and loose skin.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 AM   #36
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnzsOut View Post
Ugh! That's a long wait! Mine is actually next Tuesday, 8/23. It's early, but since they go by my LMP (my cycles were usually 38-45 days) they said I could be like 7-8 weeks. Pretty sure I'm only 5, but I definitely can't say I'm not happy about an early appt.
Yeah it is a long wait but I'll be okay. Hope everything goes well with your appt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAnnaTime View Post
Last night, my BFF and I took a tour of the birth center. It's not done yet, but will be by September and my next appointment is there. They're going to have a kitchen for family and friends to use, and a smoothie bar! DH was pretty excited about that, haha. I'm soo excited to deliver there, and have my bestie there with me.

I feel like a loser, but I busted out maternity skirts and pants the past couple days! They're sooooo comfy compared to the rest of my clothes. I'm really bloated, so that helps keep them up, and I'm guilty of pulling the belly panel up to my boobs.. anyone else break into their maternity stash yet?
We're taking a tour of one on the 30th and I'm so excited! I wanted to go to one with DD but DH was scared of the unknown so we went to a hospital but I refuse to go back! Also, don't feel guilty-I had on a maternity skirt yesterday but realized that it's gotten a little too snug

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
My "FAT" shorts that usually falll off my butt were a bit tighter buttoning today. As the day goes on and they loosen a bit they'll be dragging again, but I can tell my uterus is pushing my used to be kind of flatish, flabby and loose skin tummy in the outward direction. It's going to be awhile before my belly looks cute for this pregnancy. I took a 5 week picture, but probably won't take another for awhile, until its stretched out enough that its just a round tummy, instead of the flab and loose skin.
You're not alone, honey! I didn't know about belly "restraints" after I had DD so there's some loose tummy skin here too. It sucks because it makes me way more preggo than I am
Old 08-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #37
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

morning sickness has hit hard and unusually early for me. normally I feel fine til about 6 weeks and then start to feel it.

This time I have felt nauseous since about 4 weeks but once I hit five weeks every day is worse. Today is the worst day yet. And the super smell sensitivity! That hit really early too. The dog, my 2 year old, the pee diapers, the sink, inside of my dh's van, the soap in the laundry room, it is ALL strong and ALL Making me feel sick.

I will take it as a good sign that the baby is doing well and try not to complain too much but it worries me for the first trimester morning sickness. I think it might be the worst yet.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #38
ReadingRenee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAnnaTime View Post
I saw my midwife today, just for a blood draw. It was awesome though, I got to see the midwife and medical assistant and chat with both. Kelly, the mw, was super nice and DH was very impressed.

That is so cool you have a birthing center! I wish we had one here.

I haven't broken out the maternity clothes yet, I have lots of post pregnancy bigger sized clothes still that I have been wearing. The look big but feel more comfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I couldn't afford maternity clothes when I was pregnant with DS. I wore all baggy, stretch clothing and DH's tshirts.

I'm very excited to be able to go maternity clothes shopping with this one! DH's new job just needs to hurry up and get him in there making money so I can go shopping.

I feel like I have looked 6 weeks pregnant even before I got pregnant after the birth of dd so no belly pics til I see some kind of change from that.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #39
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After giving birth only 7 months ago, I never got OUT of my maternity clothes! So here I am, wearing these clothes for going on 1 year and a few months! I sure am getting my moneys worth out of them! Some won't fit me now though because I gained weight since DS was born. Oh well, more shopping! And i probably won't be my ideal weight again until we are finished having kids since we want 4 kids in 5 years!

In Canada, we don't have to pay for midwives, they are included in our provincial health care plan so if you don't call as soon as you know about your pregnancy, chances are you won't get in with them, they only take a certain amount of mamas and fill up fast! I called when I was 5 weeks prego just to be sure I got them as my midwives. There are about 3 or 4 in the practice so you meet with each of them throughout the pregnancy and will get whoever is on call when you go in labour. The only thing is, if you don't like one of them, you are taking your chances.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #40
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning sickness seems to be better this time around. I don't remember it being horrible with DD tho. With my boys it was awful, all day, couldn't eat kind of m/s. Now, it's not too bad until mid morning/early afternoon. It all centers around not eating I have learned. I have to constantly snack or I am SOL.

Hope everyone is having a good day! My DS1 started school today First grade already. I think I am the only mother who hates when summer ends and the kids go to school. I love having them around (even tho we fight and get on each others nerves), we are a much happier family without schedules and early bedtimes/mornings.