Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #1
mommado
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Bf...juicing and weight loss

Have a 19 month old boy who still nurses a few times during the day... but not really just checking in ...mostly at night before bed and in the morning when we wake. So anyway I wanted to do a 3 day juice fast...just drinking fresh raw juice and water. Someone expressed concern about keytones in my milk that could. Harm my boy...is that true? I just want help loosing this last 10lbs that just won't go any other way.

Looking for input and opinions. I don't want to do anything that would truly hurt my boy.

Advertisement

DD #1 1/97 *** DD #2 11/07 *** DS arrived 1/10
mommado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bf...juicing and weight loss

Given that you are still breastfeeding, I would not do a juice fast. Not because of ketones, but because juicing is very effective at removing toxins from your body, and that will go through to your milk.

Actually, juicing is great, but a juice fast is not going to keep the weight off. You might lose a lot of weight at once, but unless you change your diet to allow the weight to stay off, it will probably come back. Cutting carbs and replacing those calories with fat will help to stabllze your blood sugar and drop the weight (or keep it off). Cutting out grain carbs with breakfast (if you have any- cereal, bagel, toast, etc..) and adding a glass of freshly juiced veggies, plus whole milk yogurt, milk, or bacon...etc...is probably a better way to try to drop the weight as opposed to doing a juice fast when you're still nursing.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
mommado
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks...I didn't even think of the toxins. I do like the juice so I think I keep juicing but eliminate all my bad carbs and stick with fat, protein, fruit, veggies and juice.

Thanks for your reply.

DD #1 1/97 *** DD #2 11/07 *** DS arrived 1/10
mommado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
KailaMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bf...juicing and weight loss

Not to hijack this thread, but when did you start juicing? What are your favorites? I'm wanting a juicer right now. But have never done it.

Custom Scrappies Girly and GN-Please pm for info.
KailaMama is offline   Reply With Quote