Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sleep Questionn! Mommas please respond!!

Hello I had a question for you. Will a baby naturally end up sleeping through the night? Like my 11 week old daughter is on a pretty normal 3 hour schedule. She eats around 5 and then I end up waking her up at about 8-9ish to eat one more time before I go to bed, and she ends up waking up around 3-4 to eat and again between 6-7. When will she eliminate the 3-4 feeding? I just mainly want to breastfeed and not do cereal or anything. She has only had breastmilk so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

hlucas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sleep Questionn! Mommas please respond!!

She may eliminate it soon, but it varies from child to child. My DD got rid of it around 8-9 weeks. Some kids don't for a long time after that. It'll happen when she's ready, don't worry.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
223Huntress
Registered Users
seller

that sounds like a fantastic schedule to me! my son was sleeping 10 hrs at night at 8 weeks old, then 12 hours at 10 weeks. However my daughter is much different. She is 12 weeks and her longest stretch has been 8 hours, which has only happened about 5 times she has acid reflux though, and typically what wakes her up is "choking" on spit up that never comes out her mouth. So I am thankful for any stretch of sound sleep we get over 3 hours.
223Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Jasmini
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son has still a 2-4 hour schedule in the nights and he is now 5 1/2 months old. None of mine have slept 8 or more hours till they were around 20 months old.

nappies and more ......cloth diapers, baby carriers and more... and find us on Facebook
Do you Scentsy?
Jasmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
carolineb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine started doing about 6-7 hours by about 8 weeks, but then we hit the "4 month sleep regression" I had never heard about and he was back to 3-4 hour stretches! The past couple of nights he's gone back to about 6 hours and he's 4.5 months. My older 2 STTN by 8 weeks (about 10 hours) but they got formula before bed. This is my first totally EBF baby.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
somamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DS is 7 months old and typically goes to sleep around 8pm and then I feed him around 12am when I go to sleep. He wakes up at about 4am to be fed and then again around 8-9am wakes up for the day and gets fed again. I nurse him during the day at 11am-12pm for his early nap and then again at 3-4pm for his late nap. So far he's getting one meal of solids around 6pm.
and our 3 furbabies (2 dogs & a cat). #2 due in 11/14! Loving life in beautiful Los Angeles.
somamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
PerfectFifth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS will be one year old in a couple weeks, and he is just now starting to sleep for 5 hour stretches-- which according to the textbooks counts as STTN. It's completely normal for a baby- ESPECIALLY a breastfed one- to wake up frequently. Breastmilk just gets digested very quickly. It's important to remember that those night feedings give a baby about a quarter of his total daily calories and help keep mom's supply up! So I wouldn't stress about it. Aaaaaaand here's the obligatory endorsement for co-sleeping. LOL. Just pop a boob in baby's mouth and you can go right back to catching Zzzz's.

Will they eventually sleep through the night? Yes. I've yet to see an adult wake up every two hours to eat.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, just keep in mind that no matter what the books say, there is no such thing as a "normal schedule" for a BF'd baby.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #9
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

OP, I'd give anything for your schedule! DD is 8 weeks old (but was 8 weeks early so adjusted age is term), was starting to sleep for two 3-hour stretches at night but one week ago decided she didn't like sleep and is now fussing, cluster feeding, and sleeping for maybe an hour at a time. She's starting to show some of the signs DD2 did which led to a diagnosis of lactose sensitivity, hoping it's just a phase or growth spurt.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My boys were all ff and had different sleep schedules, YDS didn't sttn til he was almost 3! He would wake up and want a sippy. We had to get up, give him a drink and put him back down. DD is my first ebf and will sometimes sleep 4 hour stretches at night at 10 months old. Every baby is different, doesn't matter much if they are ff or ebf. Bf babies tend to wake a little more, but not always.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote