Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 AM   #21
maxnmoll
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Spinoff: People's stupid comments

Most of the stupid comments (or at least the ones I can remember, LOL) have been during this pregnancy. My first prenatal visit, the NP walked in and said, "So, was this a pill oops?" Because clearly, I guess, no one in their right minds would PLAN a third child??? UGH. Then just this weekend, at a family gathering, my sister's FIL and MIL walked in the room, and her MIL says to me, "Oh, you're getting chubby!" About 3 seconds later, her FIL says, "Wow, you've gained some pounds!" Niiiiice. You'd think a woman who's had four kids would know what *not* to say to a pregnant woman, but apparently not!

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 10:06 AM   #22
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am pg now so the brain isn't working so well. . . but the worst/stupidest pg related comments I get ALL the time when I am not pg is my family (aunt and grandma) asking me if I am pg again. nope, just haven't lost the weight. Thanks. I feel better. Sad thing is, last time I saw them (when I was pg but hadn't found out yet, was the one time they didn't ask me if I was pg.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:38 AM   #23
blyessing
Registered Users
seller

When one of our relatives found out we were trying for #3 they said, "You have a boy and a girl what else is there to have have?" I'm thinking yea...whatever.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:28 AM   #24
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

We went to tell my ILs we were pregnant and these are the two comments that made me....well yeah

"I'm too young to be a grandma...no this isn't happening" MIL

"So what do you do with those? Put them in the bathroom with some newspaper?" BIL

Yeah...Dhs family is special. Glad to say they are better now, but I haven't gotten pregnant with #2 yet. Can't wait to see the reaction to that one!
Mommy2Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyessing View Post
When one of our relatives found out we were trying for #3 they said, "You have a boy and a girl what else is there to have have?" I'm thinking yea...whatever.
My answer may have been:

"We were kind of hoping for a smurf!"
Mommy2Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 PM   #26
fkonkal
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiof5 View Post
NOw, the question I get all the time is "Hopefully someone got fixed"
Besides, it isn't really getting 'fixed'. It's getting 'broken'. 'IT' is obviously working, and you don't fix something that is working.

What I don't like are the 'perfect' family comments. I have a girl and a boy, and so many people talk to me like that is some sort goal to reach. As if if we had had ( grammar ) a girl for #2 instead of a boy, she would have been less than 'perfect'.

I'm the oldest of 6 and I got all sorts of comments about 'don't your parents know what causes that' or 'don't you have a tv'. Imagine how a teenager feels about those comments about their parents. It is annoying as an adult, and mortifying as a teen.
fkonkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #27
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine... kinda weird/funny.. I was about 35 weeks pregnant.. this time around.. and went eat out.. and the waitress kept looking at my belly .. ( I posted the bikini shot at 30+ weeks a few days ago ) and I jokenly said.. " No I am not fat.. I am almost due ) she made me stand up and show her my belly .. ( I did bc I loved being pregnant and showing off those curves.. ) well.. she rubs my belly goes off and returns with a extra plate of food for me while I waited on my food .. and said that I needed to eat some more.. bc I was just to tiny and the baby would be small... ( he was born 2 weeks early and weighed 8 pds 2 ozs... ) I ate the freeB... and told her not to worry about my baby .. he was fine.. ( while scarfing down the baked potatoe, bread and veggies )

My cousin went eat out.. ( yeah ok ya get it... we B hungry folk ) and she just had her dd 5 days b4 but she was in the nicu.. well the waitress comes over and rubs her belly and asked when she was due... my cousin said.. I had her 5 days ago.. and the waitress thought she said due IN 5 days.. and said something like " I bet you are ready to deliver and get some of that weight off " my cousins dh said.. " MAM.. WE HAD OUR BABY " my cousin said she turned all kinds of shades of red and said sorry .. left and never came back .. another waitress served them
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #28
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
My answer may have been:

My mom said... well you have both.. now you will have twins... thank the lord it was just another boy .. btw.. is the sweetest thing I could have ever baked up
Old 04-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #29
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkonkal View Post
Besides, it isn't really getting 'fixed'. It's getting 'broken'. 'IT' is obviously working, and you don't fix something that is working.

What I don't like are the 'perfect' family comments. I have a girl and a boy, and so many people talk to me like that is some sort goal to reach. As if if we had had ( grammar ) a girl for #2 instead of a boy, she would have been less than 'perfect'.

I'm the oldest of 6 and I got all sorts of comments about 'don't your parents know what causes that' or 'don't you have a tv'. Imagine how a teenager feels about those comments about their parents. It is annoying as an adult, and mortifying as a teen.
My aunt gets that alot.. and now we do .. oh yeah .. she is pregnant with #9 and her oldest is due with her first... they are due >> THE SAME DAY!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #30
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
My answer may have been:

this would have come out of my mouth!

We're expecting #4 and we get "So your DH will get fixed now, right?" Uh... someone besides him and I have that to decide and we don't see it as something broken, so uh... nah... it works... we're leaving it alone.

My MIL is horrid about the boy comments. Every pregnancy I've ever had was referred to with male pronouns, the worst was when I miscarried at 14 weeks and she said "So what did you do? You know you lost my grandson." And she still wonders why I threw the phone across the room (I had been laying on the couch, drugged up after having just gotten home from the D&C).

When I told my mother I was pregnant, she goes "And this will be your last." She SAID it, didn't ask, didn't imply...she commanded it.