Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #71
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spinoff: People's stupid comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariatrance View Post
This is true! Cats just love to go running towards a screaming, lurching infant! My son is just over 1 year and the 3 cats still don't voluntarily approach him. They do tolerate his "petting" for about 3 seconds with this crazy, worried look on their faces. Poor kitties!

After I announced my 1st pregnancy to my family, I received about 3 emails featuring studies of cats killing babies - I'm not sure what the "articles" really said, I never read them. I do think I slightly offended my aunt when she asked me what I was going to do about the cats once G was born. It was unexpected, so I just shot off "Nothing" with the little 'WTF gasp' at the end.

With this one, since it's early, we've only told family. Both moms were not too thrilled......supportive but concerned about how soon it was. Yes, my son will be the exact same age he is now when the baby is born.....

Plus, this is just weird, I told my mom that we got pregnant 1st month trying (I was very surprised) and she said "Well, you know you come from a fertile family." I never asked for clarification and I totally should have!!

yep, i got that one too; but everyone knows that about us women on my dad's side. hahaha; we average about 2 new babies a year since 1997!!! so sad.... There are 22 grand kids and 30 greatgrand kids, by the end of this year!!!

Advertisement

eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #72
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hated the: you must be popping out soon comments. YES, I had a big belly but I also carried low the entire time. If it wasn't baby's dropping soon, it was a twins comment of some sort.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:07 AM   #73
aggfan
Registered Users
seller

Well, I'll share a story because I am proud of how I handled it. My DD1 was a surprise which was obvious to everyone, including my coworkers. I had a coworker many years older than me who I worked closely with, and sometimes felt chummy with and more often felt irritated with. She followed me into my office after I had announced my news at a staff meeting and asked, if I didn't mind telling her, what kind of birth control we'd be using that had failed.

I paused, realized how completely embarassed I would be to answer, and instead laughed and said I didn't really want to answer. To her credit, I think my response brought her to her senses, and she kind of shook the surprise of my news off of her and remembered her manners.

Last edited by aggfan; 07-14-2008 at 12:24 AM.
aggfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #74
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i got this one on Saturday:
"WOW, you're BIG!"
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #75
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was full term I was getting NST's in the hospital regularly to monitor baby's health. One nurse who was setting me up w/ a belt and everything casually poked my belly and said, "Youve got a little extra fluff here dont you!" I had gained 50 lbs and yes, had chub on my tummy. I looked at her w/ this dirty look as she giggled to herself and walked out of the room. I was so embarassed to have someone pointing out my weight gain. How tactless!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #76
Lovemy4guys
Registered Users

My Mood:

MIL, whom I love dearly, could not bring herself to believe that we truly we're not "trying" for a girl when we got pg w/ #3 since we already have 2 boys. When DH called her to tell her that the ultrasound showed it is definitely another boy she said, in a sympathetic tone, "Oh no... How's Misty? Is she ok?" Yeah, Ma... guess we'll go ahead and keep him anyway.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #77
emilykaysmommy
Registered Users
seller

Does this count..

At my 38 week appointment a medical student does my exam, looks at my chart and tells me oh my gosh you're 2 weeks overdue and your cervix isn't soft or dilated at all! you're going to need a c section now! wait while I go get the doctor. I'm like lady! I'm 2 weeks BEFORE my due date and I was dilated to a 1 and 70% softened!!! but yeah go get the doctor so she can check me again and tell me if I'm progressing!!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:48 AM   #78
princessblueberry
Registered Users

My Mood:

1.When we first started telling people we were expecting one of the black belt guys at TKD asked 'So, was it an accident?' I said, 'Yea, we have been trying for 5 years, mate like rabbits, lost one child and this one was an accident ' 'I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you, was just trying to ask if you planed' I could see DH fuming and trying not to punch him

2.When I was 8 months prego with DS I went shopping at Walmart and was at the dressing rooms waiting for sis to try on clothes. This lady comes up to me and asks 'are you having twins?' me...'um, no I've got another month to go' her...'Wow! I don't want to have kids I couldn't not handle being that big' me...jaw drops and I stand there silent. All the time thinking HELLO LADY! Uhem, I have an excuse, you are 3 time my size and not pregnant...

DH says it serves me right for shopping at Walmart LOL!

Everyone else was telling me I was small for being so far along and the one person who thinks I'm a whale is 3x rounder than...go figure.

3.LOL! Thankfully no one tried to touch my belly besides DH and gal family/friends...any males or strangers would have been dodging my fist, I had fun practicing what I'd say and do
Old 07-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #79
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaCoffey View Post

Second would be my third pregnancy. New PA in my OB's office. She's doing my first exam, and you know the lovely pap part....She gets a speculum...then takes it out and actually says "I need a different one...that's what you get for having an 8 pounder" My husband was in the room and when she walked out he said "I just about told her 'no maam, that's from ME'" I am SO glad he didn't I would have died, but still....I am sure we all love having our most intimate bits talked about like that while spread eagle on an exam table with cold metal inserted....Dang!
I can't believe she said that! That would have given me a complex for the rest of my life!
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote