Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #1
rachieroni
Registered Users
seller

plum allergy?

So Saturday night DS had prunes (which he loved) and later broke out into a slight rash. I initially didn't see a connection between the two, thought it was a contact dermatitis. Well the next day at daycare he had banana plum for midmorning snack. Shortly after he broke out in full on hives all over his body. He was still happy and playing, acting fine. He's had bananas a lot (one of his favorites) so we can only figure it was the plums. I thought it was unusual, I've not heard of allergies to fruits like plums (strawberries maybe). Neither me or my DH have any allergies and they don't run in our family, so its not something we are familiar with. Any other mamas had experiences with these types of allergies?

Advertisement

"Sometimes, the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."-Winnie the Pooh
rachieroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Crunchymomtoalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: plum allergy?

Could be an allergy. We had this problem with Alex and squash, which is supposed to be fairly non-allergenic. He broke out in full body hives like your LO but was still acting ok for the most part. It happened within 30 minutes of him eating and they were gone in about 2-3 hours. The only food allergy that runs in our family is shellfish, which I am allergic too. I talked to our pedi about it and she said that we should just try the food again in a month or two in a small amount and see how it goes.

I survived HG for my little boy! I'm mommy strong!
Crunchymomtoalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: plum allergy?

I think it's probably an allergy. I'm starting to figure out that my ds breaks out whenever he eats too much of any acidic fruit.

The good news is that they will outgrow it.

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote