Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
going back and forth from Earth's Best to Similac

Sooo... WIC will only pay for DD's Similac sensitive right now, but she's a porker and we are not currently receiving enough to cover all she's eating. (we had to switch from the mostly breastfed plan, to the all formula plan...)

DD does MUCH better on Earth's Best organic formula than on the similac sensitive. She actually is a bit more gassy and spits up more often on the sensitive We're finishing up our last can of Similac today and have no more WIC for formula.... can I just buy her the Earth's Best until next month?? Or this switching back and forth going to be harmful to that itty bitty tummy?

Advertisement

Old 08-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: going back and forth from Earth's Best to Similac

Each LO is diffent. DS1 didnt' have any issues switching between formulas. DS2 could only handle one kind. Sorry I am not much help. If she does better on the Earths Best then that is what I would buy
Old 08-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol, any help is help Nerissa! thanks!

I guess I just have to try it and see what happens.... everyone is different.. I hope it agrees okay with her
Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Have u tried to talk to wic about getting earths best? I think I've heard wic will give you checks for other formula if you have a dr prescription for it. But as long as it doesn't seem to bother your lo then it's fine to switch back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MIL just brought this up to me.. I wasn't aware I could get a doctor's note for a different formula... I'll be calling the doc this week

Thanks!

ETA: think maybe this won't go over well with WIC since its organic??
Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
pcjs
Registered Users

Also, see if you can get RTF/liquid. It for us was better on the stomach. Some kids can go back and forth no problem so if she can its fine.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never even thought about using RTF since it seems like it goes much quicker and pricey! but I bet its worth a shot!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
pcjs
Registered Users

It is far more expensive but you may want to buy one bottle and try it. It worked much better for us (the concentrate did not work but you can try that too). You can also ask WIC if they can provide more cans - some will, it does't hurt to ask.

What we do is use one formula during the day and one right before bed as that seems to help with the gas at night. He can tolerate powder now during the day (we used RTF for about 15 months) but at night we have to use a liquid.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #9
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know when I was on wic with YDS we had to have Nutramagin for him, he had terrible reflux and a milk sensitivity. I had to get an Rx from the Dr in order for WIC to approve it, but it was just a sheet of paper I had to have signed. Call wic and see if that's even an option first, but definitely bring it up with your Dr so s/he has the heads up. As far as switching, as long as it doesn't upset your lo's tummy, go for it. You could try mixing half and half at first, just to make sure, then go to 3/4-1/4 and then to full strength if it upsets her tummy.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote