Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Daily Chat Aug 17th

Good morning ladies!!!

Question of the day-
Do you have a nursery for the new babe or do you co sleep? If you have a nursery is the newb sharing with siblings?? Whats your nursery decor?

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily Chat Aug 17th

We have a nursery that the newbie will share with our DD. Im hoping it works out ok because DD still gets up at night a few times so I am hoping she doesnt wake the baby up alot. The nursery theme is jungle and its tan and I painted a giraffe, tree and monkey on the wall.

Off topic- I had a tastefully simple party last night and I think DD had too many "snacks" from all the grandmas and aunts here and she was up 4 times last night. Hubs and I neither one slept much. Im draggin so much today! I cant drink "real" coffee because I have a heart condition but I got 1/3 real coffee in my decaf hoping it gets me moving.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #3
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No nursery but we have a little nursery like area in our bedroom for the baby. We have a cradle (that both my girls have used and also my niece used it, I love that! Maybe one of their kids will use it someday too! ), a rocking chair, and a little shelf for diapers and wipes and other little necessities, and a diaper pail next to that. It's kind of plain right now but we have some pictures we need to hang and I'm hoping to get a few more things to dress it up a bit once we find out if this little one is a girl or boy. The cradle bedding that I have left over is just white/cream so it will work either way but it's of boring...

Had a long night last night here also. Dd2 kept waking up. At one point (I think it was 2:30) she woke up and I laid down with her and she tossed and turned for over an hour before she really went back to sleep. I was afraid she was getting sick but she never woke up again after that thank goodness! Hopefully my kids are nice to me today I just can't seem to get caught up on sleep lately. Ugh!

I ordered dd1s backpack from diapers.com yesterday and it's supposed to come today! Can't wait to see it in person! Hopefully she loves it! Its this one. She picked it out. No embroidery but hoping to get her name embroidered on it at a local shop. http://www.diapers.com/p/Crocodile-C...allerina-32412

Ahh got to get to work cleaning the house today (after having a donut that dh just brought ). Bad dh! Hope everybody has a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love tastefully simple!

We sort of have a nursery. Baby will sleep with us for about the first 6 weeks in our room and then I will transition. We have a 4 bedroom house. Of course we have our room, my boys share a room and will continue to do so until it becomes a problem, they have a room for their tv and games, and then we have a guest room that will continue to double as a guest room and baby's room for a while.

This is probably the smallest room so I am looking at possibly taking the doors off of the closet and moving the dresser/changing table in there and then that way it leaves the crib and the day bed in there. OR I am looking into a mini crib. Honestly our babies don't sleep in a crib past about 18 months and then move to a mattress on the floor so a mini would work for us but I have never seen one and I can't find one here in town to look at.

Here is my problem. i don't like GN. My mom is an artist of sorts and has a signature butterfly. If we have a girl I want to have those butterflies all over the room. She has cancer and so it will be something that this baby can keep in her room till we hit those teen years as a tribute to my mom. Plus I want to make the crib bedding if it is a girl. If it is a boy we are using ds#2 crib set which is sail boats. I am going to paint matching ones on the walls along with a small butterfly somewhere in the room. This is one of the HUGE reasons I want to find out the sex of the baby. I fear if we wait till it is born then the room will never get done. Sort of like my kitchen that remains unfinished ;(

Anyway I am taking the boys to the pool today and then for back to school haircuts. I was supposed to have a mw appointment but am going to have to reschedule because dh failed to tell me the boys hair appointments were at the same time. The hair appointments already took us 2 weeks to get so we can't reschedule those. Grr

OH and I am a little ticked at dh. He made no effort to try and take off for our 20 wk us on the 30th but last night he informs me he is going to use one of his sick days to go see a stupid Houston Texans football game. That means $200-300 in gas plus the cash to pay for stuff at the game. That is a whole other rant though. I try and let him do stuff like this because he doesn't get to often but this really irks me on so many levels. Thanks for letting me get that out.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014

Last edited by stacieandtheboys; 08-17-2011 at 07:53 AM.
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Stacie- that stinks about DH Will you get to found out gender on the 30th?

Lady B- yeah for boy! Seems like a lot of boys so far

No nursery for us- not enough room and it's a rental and we hope to move again in April. Baby will sleep in bassinet in our room for probably 6 months anyway.

Well- off to clean, homeschool, and do the day Have a good one ladies!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #6
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nursery: we have one it is GN (green, yellow, starts and moons) it has been the same for all of the kiddos. Baby will stay (cosleep) in our room until they start to have one decent stretch of sleep, then I start them in the crib but they end up with me in bed until they drop night feedings. And I think L will still be in the nursery, so she and the new baby will share. My older 2 share another bedroom and that is still working well, so I don't want to change it up right now.
Tastefully simple - yum!
Abbi - cute backpack!
Stacie - DH , that is not cool. I would be fuming, but I am a moody pg woman.

Well my kiddos all stayed at the IL's last night. I went out to dinner with a friend and then DH and I went to see Horrible Bosses (very funny). I am still waiting for MIl to call and let me know the kiddos are ready to be picked up. We had a really nice night but I miss the kids now
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah my feelings are hurt more than anything and I know if I made a huge deal he would take off but I should have to make a huge deal. I already told him I didn't want to go alone and how much it bummed me out. Finally I asked a friend from work to go with me yesterday. I feel bad because she is going to work all night and then go to my appt and then work that night as well and my dh can't take 2 hrs

Erin right now we are not finding out. Dh wants me to have it put in an envelope just in case we decide later we want to know.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
Old 08-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stacie if you want to find out the gender and dh dosnt but he dosnt care enough to go to the appointment I say that totally gives you the right to find out!!! I would tell him if he dosnt go to the appointment then he is giving up his say in the matter.

Buuut that might be kind of mean...I would totally say that to my dh tho!

I love your ideas for the nursery! Doing the butterflies for a tribute to you mom would be awesome! Which leads me back to...please find out the gender so you can do the nursery how you want!!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOl Abbi thing is I have kind of come around to the idea of not finding out because he had made such a big deal about it. Plus he gave me full naming rights if we didn't find out which is pretty good incentive

Of course would mean he would take 2 sick days and he only gets 5 a year. I don't know why it matters to me so much this time around. He never got to go to any of my appointments or ultrasounds with the boys when he was in the Marine Corps because they wouldn't let him go. Probably just the hormones. I was totally ok with him not going until he mentioned that stupid football game and taking off for it. If I mention it we will just get in a huge fight and he will throw a temper tantrum along with the fine I just won't go to the game wha wha wha wha and I just don't want to deal with that more than I want him to go to the appt.

ETA I just emailed him and told him how I felt. I am sure it will turn into a fight now but I just had to get it off my chest!

Okay another edit lol:

I have probably been contributing to him not going. I have been saying well you didn't get to go to anything witht he boys so why should this one be any different and acting indifferent when really I should have been telling him no! i want you there! Do whatever you have to do! Of course I also feel he should have made more of an effort but he isn't totally to blame I guess. I did tell him I wanted him at the US and that I didn't want to go alone. So no excuse there.

Last edited by stacieandtheboys; 08-17-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #10
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh good luck! Hopefully he is understanding and not in the mood to fight over it.

Has anybody else hit the weepy stage? I keep crying over every little thing! It's ridiculous! I hate crying! Lol