Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat Aug 17th

Well not fight but basically blew me off and said I should have pushed for him to go and he would have made it happen and that he didn't want to take the time off that early in the school year (a week after school started).

I told him in my email that I didn't want him to try and to take off now because it would just make me feel like e was doing it because I was whining about it not because he wanted to.

He is still going to the game. Money down the drain if you ask me since it is a 7 or 8 hr trip one way. Who cares if the tickets are free. Ugh whatever. i am going swimming with my boys.

Advertisement

Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So now he is texting me saying if I really want him to go he will make it happen. I wanted him to do that before without me asking . He told me that I just needed to tell him how I felt and what I really wanted. Why does he have to make things so difficult. Maybe I am the one who is making more out of this then it really is. I dunno.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
Old 08-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:21 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #14
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:21 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Stacie-my husband always said men don't get subtlety (SP?) I have to tell him exactly what I want exactly WHEN I want or we get major miscommunication issues! Also where in the lonestar are you...I have a mini crib that I don't need..lol

We just bought a pack n play off of craigslist that will go in our room until we start using the nursery. Right now the baby's room is the room where I do my sewing and the dogs have their cages when we leave for the day so it is a mess and a work in progress! I'm getting the furniture out of layaway at the end of this month so we really have to start looking into getting that room cleaned up!
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Laughing I live in Abilene but my parents live Ft Worth and Dh's in Houston.

I am done with him on the subject now. If he doesn't get that I truly want him there (and I have said I do want him there) then whatever. He can miss out on another great moment!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #17
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No nursery here. We still co-sleep with ds (who is almost 2) and only have one bedroom, well the second one is used for an office and there is no way not to use it as that. We will move in the next few months and will get another bdrm, so that there can actually be a kids room (yay!), but I doubt that either of my kids will sleep there for a while yet! ds is just so used to being with us and I am another one who just cannot fathom the notion of getting out of bed 6 times a night to nurse a nb. Really, I got to the point where I could nurse ds half asleep and almost feel human the next day--I would have been a zombie had I been having to go to another room and sit in a chair to nurse! DH has never loved cosleeping, but I told him it's the only way I'm functional. Besides ds literally would not sleep without the presence of me for a long time.

Of course all of this is with the caveat that I know all babes have their own little thing going. . .and some don't sleep as well in bed with others. And ds may decide he wants a big-boy bed when we have a room for him. I'll go with the flow. Not exactly sure how we'll make the arrangement to sleep with a nb and a toddler though. We have a King mattress on the floor so plenty safe, but ds kicks like crazy. . .will have to separate him from the baby obviously. Thinking about getting a snuggle nest for the baby too (to have in bed with us), just to protect the new one at first.

ack, no time for persies as I had an unexpected visit from the landlord and now ds is awake.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

no nursery! we have a small apt and my babies sleep with me. i can't handle getting out of bed to nurse them during the night, lol.

sorry i haven't had a chance to read through this thread- i'm on my way out the door in a minute for a bit. hope everyone is well. afm, dd2s radian came today! i'm PRAYING this seat will help us smoosh three kids in the back of our forester. i'll need to get the baby the most compact seat i can find, too. possibly another one of these- right now it looks like i may be able to get another one in there rf. we have a true fit in there rf right now, and that sucker is huge, so it might work. the base of this looks much narrower than the truefit, so i think we may be able to get 3 across. oldest dd is 7.5 and already in a booster. i will literally cry if we have to get rid of our brand new car to fit the newbie in! lol!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #19
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

No nursery yet, we usually co-sleep for the first year. We are planning to move soon so hoping to get a 4 bdrm and the kids will have their own room, dd will share with the new baby, or maybe ds2 will.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #20
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stacie, once you two have calmed down I would tell him how much you want him to go again. I wouldn't bring up the football thing either, I think that would just make matters worse and get him upset. My dh usually doesn't go to any apt anymore. First one yes, second one, not so much, this time around I won't ask. If he wants to come, then I would be more then happy. If not then that's ok. So, I hope everything works out. As for a nursery no. The baby will sleep in our room so I can feed and not wake up our other sons. Once the baby starts sleeping through the night then he or she will go into or son's room. Oldest is moving upstairs so it will just be the two youngest across from us. My dh is an artist and did a Charlie Brown theme for our first son. That will stay until both youngest kids get tired of it. Which will be hard as he did such a good job and just the memories, though he can do something else. At least we have pics. Our oldest wants a hot wheel theme upstairs. LOL
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote