Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: FT Cloth Diapering Moms: How do you decide?

Yeah that's a tough question. I hate prefolds but my bff LOVES them. What works for one mama doesn't for another. I buy babyland pockets off ebay from hairworlds seller and LOVE them- cheap too- something like 20 diapers for $60.

Good luck and try a few different types before deciding like other posters say

Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
ilovecookie
Registered Users
seller

This is my third who will be ft cloth... I started with prefolds, snappis and several bummis covers. They were awesome and perfect for the first few months until I read more and talked to other mamas. keep it simple and inexpensive until you figure out if the cloth will work for you.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #13
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

We have done prefolds all along. Once you get past the learning curve of how to snappi etc, it works really well, is inexpensive, easy to wash, etc. And I know that the prefolds will hold up for lots of babies- mine or otherwise.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Bethmasters
Registered Users

I am due in January and this is my second cloth baby. I learned a lot, and agree with those who advise trying several things. I would steer you toward a sampler kit. Many sites have them, but the one I visit most often is cotton babies. I have used many kinds but there are still seemingly a hundred new kinds I haven't used! I liked pre fold in a WAHM made newborn cover when I first brought my son home and then switched to Fuzzi Bunz mostly when he got big enough for the smalls. I have bought the following to get started with baby on the way, and am still on the hunt for a few plain Indian Pre folds.

12 used kissaluvs fitteds from eBay
3 newborn Bummi's whisper wraps (new and used)
8 tiny G pants (eBay, but new) REALLY TINY!! I have small babies
8 microfiber inserts, left over from son's stash
1 bum genius XS AIO (bought new to try)
1 grovia One size(bought new to try)
I also have 6 bum genius one size pocket diapers left from my son

Last edited by Bethmasters; 08-19-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
Bethmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by foxygoober; 08-20-2011 at 11:05 AM.
foxygoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #16
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use nb and small fitteds, pockets and aio's. . .then I just use os pockets when they are out of those. My favorite with nb are aio's and pockets- pockets because I can add to them for car rides and aio's for night time when I'm too groggy to think about a cover.
NB diapers are pretty cheap FSOT- I wouldn't pay over $5 with shipping. I think I paid $20 for a big box of Kissaluvs.
I'm just using what I had from the last - about 40 diapers total. The thing with NB's is you need a lot for your sanity. Unless you like to wash diapers daily.

With ds1 I only had os thinking they'd work- wow did they look funny! I also used prefolds with them- they were bulky! I used them, but also used a lot of disposables-then we didn't have a washer until he was 8 months- However I use those diapers now - just with microfiber inserts. OS works for me because I've had 2 in diapers multiple times and it is so much easier than sorting sizes. I don't like velcro.

ETA- the pf's I had for the first were those ones with the foam or whatever in them- yea, they were really bulky.

Last edited by foxygoober; 08-20-2011 at 11:03 AM.
foxygoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #17
mrspnut82
Registered Users
seller
seller

All mine have used cloth but this will be my second in cloth ft from birth. I think you'll be ok with prefolds and good covers but I would get a few kissaluvs 0 too. I could not do prefold changes in the middle of the night and kl0 were pretty easy when you're half asleep. Once you're out of the nb stage you can figure out which you like better and might want to try pockets or aios.
mrspnut82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
milcah
Registered Users

My Mood:

This will be my first time cding from birth. My middle daughter I attempted to do it, and bought the cheap ones from Walmart & plastic covers from babiesrus. What a horrible experience! I have no clue where to start! We just found out babys gender, so now it is time to get the stash started, but clueless where to start. I look on her, but get so confused! lol
milcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by milcah View Post
This will be my first time cding from birth. My middle daughter I attempted to do it, and bought the cheap ones from Walmart & plastic covers from babiesrus. What a horrible experience! I have no clue where to start! We just found out babys gender, so now it is time to get the stash started, but clueless where to start. I look on her, but get so confused! lol
I would buy a mixed lot fsot and then you can get more of what you like