Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Registered Users
Question Taking Celexa while breastfeeding

My OB has prescribed Celexa for PPD, she says it's safe for breastfeeding. I dont know how I feel about this bc I know the baby will get small amounts. At the same time I have to be some what sane. Any thoughts from you other mamas?

bakerbottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Taking Celexa while breastfeeding

Have you called Dr. Hale's Infant Risk hotline? You could talk to them about the med and they might be able to give you more information that would help you feel better about taking it, or they can also help you choose another med that might be preferable. Your doc can also call them for more info.
-Alicia, mommy to
Munchkin (5/19/06) and Sweets (4/25/09)
CEVmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Taking Celexa while breastfeeding

I upped my talk therapy from once every 2 weeks to 3x a week with # 1 for a month in lieu of meds, but that was just my personal preference, and it was an available option that worked for me. I hope you get everything worked out to a solution you feel comfortable with!
Get $10 to spend at Vitacost & get free dipes, wipes, vitamins, food - you name it!
Big brother Colt + Little brother Mad Max + my DH + me = our happy, thrifty family.EBATES SWAG ME! I've earned over $250 in gift cards in 2 years! Muchas gracias/Thanks so much!
SenoraE is offline   Reply With Quote