Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:14 AM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Daily chat Aug 19th

Good morning! Its FRIDAY ladies! I dont know about you all but Im excited! Its been a long week.

Question of the day-
Whats ONE thing that you are concerned about either in labor or in adjusting to the new baby/adding a new baby to the family??

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily chat Aug 19th

As most of you probably know from previous post I had severe tearing with DD and a rough recovery. So obviously my concern this time is if I tear again. My OB dr and Doula are both focusing on "preventative/reduction" of tearing so hopefully this will not be as rough of delivery!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #3
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Definitely healing from tearing. I really hate the feeling when I am pushing, and (TMI) I can feel my skin stretching to the max, just knowing it's going to start tearing makes me cringe!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I am hoping that I don't get HELLP again. Last time I was in the hospital for a week and things were pretty crazy with hemmoraghing and whatnot.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maria don't apologize we all have those days and sometimes you need to get it out!

I am most worried about pain during labor and pushing. I had both of my boys in the hospital with an epidural. I could still feel the need to push and a lot of pressure but no pain. So I am just worried about that. I have already voiced my concerns to my doula and midwife so I think we will have a great plan in place for pain when the time comes. I am not worried about tearing at all since ds1 was 9lbs 5oz and I didn't tear with him.

I have to work tonight and tomorrow. I am hoping I get called off tonight. i do not want to work. Bleh. I have going back after so many days off makes it super hard that first night!

Met with the mw yesterday to do initial paperwork ect. She was a lot more pleasant this time so I am glad that we gave her another chance. I still don't love her but I respect her and I don't feel as threatened by her. I think we will have a great birth. She measured my uterus and I am a week behind what I should be. I am for sure on my dates and baby was measuring dead on at 9 wks. I am not worried though. I have heard that the tape measure can be pretty inaccurate before 20 wks so I am waiting for my US on the 30th to make sure baby is measuring ok. I have only gained 2 lbs according to her scale. She also wants me to do the GTT since I had GD last time and to go ahead and start following more of a GD friendly diet in case. I have been sort of but I guess I need to be better about it. I might ask her at the next appointment if I can test my blood sugar for a week or so instead. We will see what she says.

Oh and I think we have names!!
Luke Owen for a boy
Emery Paige for a girl

We will come up with back up names just in case but I think those are it! Dh didn't like Emery until I told him the middle name and then his eyes just lit up and was like that is a great name. I don't think he is sold on Owen but I am and he gave away all naming rights when we made the deal about not finding out the gender!

Ok so I am laying on our bed and our fan is pretty noisy. Right now it sounds like it is yelling "get BAck" at me. It is wierding me out so I think I am heading to the living room. LOL
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014

Last edited by stacieandtheboys; 08-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maria: Glad today is turning out to be a better day!

Stacie: Those are nice names! We kept coming back to Luke and Owen for N, and even now I keep coming back to them. Not sure why DH keeps nixing them though. He brought up Anna for a girl's name... but I want Allie. This is why we never come up with names until I'm practically in labor!

I'm most concerned with having to be induced. I HATED that with Z... I made a point when I was in labor with N to stay home as long as possible. So much that we barely made it to the hospital. Given this bean is a winter baby, I have to keep road conditions in mind, but I really don't want to be induced again (unless there's a valid medical reason). It stunk! As far as bringing baby home, I'm not too concerned with how the boys will react. I'm more concerned how the IL's will react if this bean is a girl. MIL wanted 4 kids, and only had 2... BIL and DH; she had to have an emergency hysterectomy after DH. And FIL always wanted a girl... I can see the spoiling that will ensue now (and they've already admitted to it), and I'm not too fond of it...

AFM: I'm getting nervous for my appointment next week. And nervous for the start of school. I've been cleaning and going through clothes for the boys for the school year (well, N doesn't go to school... but still), and knitting / sewing when they nap/watch TV. I want this energy to last me for a year!! Is that too much to ask for?

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

maria - no need to apologize, a vent is a vent. And BTW your single sis was not being very considerate
Stacie - lol about your fan! and I like the names, so cute!

Hmm worries, I have lots but not one in particular, I start to worry about how we will do it all for 4 kids, not necessarily now but once they are all in school, sports, activities. I get a little panicked about that even though it is quite a ways off. L&D wise not too much worrying me excpet that I go to a mixed practice with 6 MW's and 8 OB's. i really enjoyed having a MW for my delivery for L and I want to have MW this time and not an OB, but that is not a guarantee. they have 1 MW on call and 1 OB on call so if the MW is already taken at another hospital ( they deliver at 3 or 4 I can't even remember) then I would automatically get the on call OB
Old 08-19-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh and we are going to visit my Mom for the weekend so I probably won't be on much until Monday, have a great weekend ladies!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Kate I really like the names for now. Of course that could always change but Dh loves the fact that he can go all star wars with the Luke I am your father thing LMAO.

I just headed over to cotton babies and bought 24 BG elementals seconds which is what I wanted to use on this babe. I will probably buy a dozen more before Jan but wanted to scoop these up now. I ended up saving $190 (seconds vs first quality) and it was free shipping. I just have to get a few newborn covers (can't decide what I want) and make some wipes. Need a pail liner too but those can be done later. I think we will be set on dipes after that. I already bought some kissaluvs 0's (I have been stocking up on those since ttc lol)

I forgot to answer the second part of the question...

I am anxious about having a newbie in the house. THe boys are 9 and 6 and I am pretty spoiled at how independent and self sufficient they are. That will make it easier on me in dealing with the baby but I will SOOOOO miss my sleep. Poor baby will also be on the go alot. Just the way it is with two much older brothers I guess!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote