Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #11
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat Aug 19th

Hi ladies! I guess my biggest fear/worry is just the adjustment to 2 kiddos. ds has always been very needy and very much a mamas boy, so I am really worried how this will affect him. He is used to my undivided attention pretty much all the time. I'm actually not that worried about labor and delivery--I had such a positive birth last time and I fully expect it to be even better this time. PP was rough for me though, I'm hoping that this time it will be a little smoother. . .my MW has a lot of ideas for making it easier, so I feel pretty good about that.

Stacie--nice names!

Advertisement

Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #12
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know it's technically not part of L&D, but I'm dreading trying to bf the most. I had such a difficult and stressful time with ds, and only managed to bf for 3 weeks. But, I know I'll feel guilty if I don't at least try with this lo. I know now how much work it is, and am much more educated than I was last time around, so hopefully it will be better!

Stacie - I love the name Emery! So cute!

Afm - DHs birthday is tomorrow, and he wants to go fishing, bleh! I'm glad to get outside, but I think I'll take some knitting instead lol. Have a great weekend ladies!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

My concern is having my cs done by a new dr I don't know. I worry about the what if's since I don't know if my own dr will deliver me or if it will be someone random in their chain of partners. Also praying I don't have PTL. I also worry about where we will move to, we need more space, also the adjusting to a new baby and my youngest son who is a mama's boy and is my gum, he sticks to me like glue..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #14
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #15
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Marie--didn't chime in earlier, but I agree. . .we all need to vent sometimes and we're all happy to be the one's to listen! and certainly sounds like you had ample reason to vent!

Beth--as a huge BFing advocate, I hope that you get the support you need and are able to BF longer this time! And I say this knowing how hard it is. . .I had a terrible time with BFing my ds and almost quit many times in the first 8 weeks. If I hadn't had so much support both from my DH and from a great lactation consultant I'm not sure I would have made it. I would recommend finding a (private not hospital) LC now! They can be costly, but worth their weight in gold, IMO. Or at least go to some LLL meetings and have the name and number of some leaders who you could call at the drop of a hat when you need a friendly word or some advice. I will tell you that the first 8 weeks are the hardest and if you can make it through that it really does get easy. Obviously sometimes there are serious complications, but in general it's basically just that both you and the new baby are learning o do sometime for the first time and it's hard! I am hopeful that the second time around will be much easier.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:02 PM   #16
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oops, dp

Last edited by kismetbaby; 08-19-2011 at 10:36 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #17
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AOTD: I think I am most worried about having time to juggle it all, DH, DS, new baby, work. I hate feeling like I'm spreading myself too thin and not doing a good enough job at everything. I like to be the best and give 100% at everything I do and I just hope I can keep up and not fail.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #18
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm not even sure what my biggest fear is! We have so much going on right now I can't even focus on any one thing! I guess I have to say pain. both previous births were natural, no meds (last was a homebirth) and both were horribly painful and extremely long and I freak out. I want to do hypnobabies/hypnobirthing but we have so much going on I don't know if we are going to have money for it. Thinking maybe I should watch fsot for a used hypnobabies home study.

Finally scheduled my first appointment with the MW for next Wednesday! Can't wait to meet her! Im hoping she will want to do an ultrasound or give us a referral to a 3D place (not sure we could afford that tho). I'm dying to see the baby! I haven't had an ultrasound done yet at all!!

Maria, I totally agree with the other ladies! Vent away! And would be so frustrated about that whole situation also! Stinks that you get stuck with all the kids while they hang out with the new baby!

I am so hungry! I have an idea for supper but don't want to go to the store to get the stuff to make it! Dh should be getting off soon...maybe I can talk him into going to the store on his way home! :P

ETA: we got our "new" futon today! Found it on craigslist and they delivered it for a little extra. Love it! So glad that's done so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by abbi_n_nadia; 08-19-2011 at 03:32 PM.
abbi_n_nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM   #19
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Lucinda! I've already looked up the local LLL chapters and do plan on attending meetings starting in a couple of months. I *think* I had a low supply last time, and was so stressed by the time I realized it we just started giving ds formula. Of course he's healthy as a horse, but this baby is our last one so I have to give it another shot!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #20
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:54 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote