Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Carseat that fits in a VW Jetta

DH and I are expecting our first child in November. DH is going to be a SAHD and he drives a VW Jetta, which has a small backseat. Does anyone know what kind of carseat will fit in the Jetta?

We don't want to buy an infant seat, since we will always be taking baby out of the seat. I would love to buy a Britax, but it doesn't seem like any of them will fit rear facing at the 45 degree angle with the front seats in a still comfortable position (not pushed all the way forward).

I guess we could go to the store and try it out, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a rearfacing carseat in a Jetta before we go trying all the carseats?

Advertisement

rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
OwensMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Carseat that fits in a VW Jetta

http://carseatdata.org/compatibility...h.php?tun=home

Just enter your car make and model on the left hand side and you will get the results you need.

post back if you need any help clarifying what some of the things mean once you get results.
OwensMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #3
Desiree_Leigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH drives a 92 Golf (SMALL backseat) and I drive a 92 Passat (slightly larger backseat) and I know that in his Golf he was able to fit a Britax Roundabout VERY well in the middle, rearfacing. The only trick was that it had a tendency to be TOO reclined - I would get a carseat tech to possibly help you with your installation - my friend who is a CPST (carseat tech) had to show my hubby a trick to keep it from getting too reclined. Anyway - HTH! PM me or reply if you have any more questions, we've tried just about every Britax in every location in our cars

- Desiree
Desiree_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
ellemenopee
Registered Users
seller

Most car seats, rear facing, will have to be put in the middle seat. I had a Jetta and had problems with the infant seat and the car seat. I have a Britax Marathon and also had a Fisher Price Safe Voyage. Both would work, but will only work in the middle when rear facing. Anything will work forward facing. I have a Honda Pilot now and Even those only fit in the middle seat when rear facing in the bigger car. All will be the same for the most part. Good luck! I loved my Jetta and I love my Marathon!!!!

Last edited by ellemenopee; 04-06-2007 at 09:13 PM.
ellemenopee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
orangemnms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would go to www.seatcheck.net to find a qualified tech in your area. Also, keep in mind that Britax is the only brand on the market that allows seats to be rear tethered, which could significantly help you get your 45 degree recline if you cant get it with any other seat.

My vote is always for Britaxes. I only have three kids but own an embarrassing number of seats. (1 husky, 5 wizards, 1 bodyguard, and 1 Laptop! MIght not seem like a lot till you factor in the fact that of the three vehicles we own, all three kids only fit in one! )
orangemnms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:42 PM   #6
For The Love Of Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: tmolly
seller
seller

My Mood:

I used a britax roundabout in a Jetta wagon, in the passenger side back seat. The front seat had to be put forward a bit and riding in the passerger front seat quite uncomfortable. The middle seat was out because I needed 2 car seats and they wouldn't fit any other way.

I do know someone that has 3 in her Jetta but I have no idea HOW!

Did that make sense?
For The Love Of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:47 PM   #7
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

roundabout and marathon work in our jetta rf in the center
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you everyone! I really want a Britax. I guess I just didn't realize that it was okay to put them in the center position. I will take a look at the links provided, and we are definitely going to contact a carseat tech about installation.
rverrone11 is offline   Reply With Quote