Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Breastfeeding While Pregnant

Hoping there are some other mamas here nursing during pregnancy so we can share our experiences, give support, advise etc.

DD is 2.5 and is not showing any signs of weaning whatsoever. I started weaning a few months ago but she was getting angry with me, not listening, running off, demanding, etc. She always nurses to sleep for nap and bed, at least once in the night about 6am. But sometimes at 1am, which is awful when I just can't get back to sleep now that I'm preg. She also nurses a couple times during the day when I can't distract her and her attitude has done a 180. She's happy again, listens well and is my little joy again. So looks like I'll be pregnant and breastfeeding!

My right nipple is really hurts. It's so painful when she latches on.... DH asked last night, "Is it your left or right that hurts". I told him my right and he said that means "we're having a boy!" SOOO if your right nipple hurts you're having a boy and I would think according to his logic if it's your left then it's a girl. And if both hurt, then hopefully at least one of them will start feeling better soon!

Advertisement

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I nursed through two pregnancies. It can get over whelming at times. Just be sure to take good care of yourself and ready well. I also tandem nursed after the babies were born. I think it really helped with jealousy and the older one accepting the baby. Good luck

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Old 08-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #3
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding While Pregnant

I am still nursing DD who is 13 months. I was starting to wean her but I felt awful, my boobs hurt so bad from no emptying. So, I am only nursing in the morning if she wants and definately before bed. I want to be done before the baby comes and I am pretty sure we will be.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD is 18mo and quite the booby monster lately. During the week she only nurses before bed and in the morning. On weekends, its more often during the day. I'm going to Las Vegas the first week of September so I think we'll just wean cold turkey while I'm gone.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm EPing for my 8month old during this pregnancy... I can already see a huge dip in my supply... Talk to LC and she said I was normal and to just pump more often but that I would have to stir to it du to hormones
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
tryin
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Im still nursing my 20 months old, but only like once or twice a day. Not really trying to wean her, but i wait for her to ask. Dr said the bfing causes contractions and with my history of m/c and preterm birth, i'm a little hesitant. I know many bf throughout pg, but it does give me pause. No nipple soreness yet.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #7
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
I nursed through two pregnancies. It can get over whelming at times. Just be sure to take good care of yourself and ready well. I also tandem nursed after the babies were born. I think it really helped with jealousy and the older one accepting the baby. Good luck

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
I've read this a lot by other mamas that tandem nurse. Even though I would love a happy toddler and newborn, I was hoping we would be done by about 3 (january). She's not showing any sign of quitting though!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #8
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin View Post
Im still nursing my 20 months old, but only like once or twice a day. Not really trying to wean her, but i wait for her to ask. Dr said the bfing causes contractions and with my history of m/c and preterm birth, i'm a little hesitant. I know many bf throughout pg, but it does give me pause. No nipple soreness yet.
Sorry for your losses mama

If I let her nurse every time she asked... well I would get potty breaks and even then she would probably nurse!!

When she asks I'll tell her in an hour, when this timer goes off. That usually puts us to nap or bedtime. Other times I can see the 'look' in her eyes before she even asks and I'll get myself really busy with something and get her occupied with something and that usually works.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
3wyobabes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been breastfeeding with my last two pregnancies, but quit shortly after finding out due to a previous m/c. With ds, he was only 10 months (11 by the time we quite) and I wasn't ready to be done. With dd this time, she was 15 months already and I was at about my limit anyways. It took a week 1/2 to be done.

It was painful to keep nursing due to the pregnancy, and to me it wasn't worth the risk to our future baby to keep at it for a few months longer.
3wyobabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #10
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS is almost 11 months and still BFing, but I already am drying up big time. So we've started to supplement and will probably wean soon. I'm a little sad, but was planning on weaning at a year anyways so it isn't too far off.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote