Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 PM   #21
xiri
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding While Pregnant

My three and a half year old is still nursing, but she says there is no more milk in my nursies. Then she says that's ok...she can still nursie. Luckily my nipples aren't sore. I just have deep breast pain/ache, but that doesn't affect bf.

I nursed through most of my last pregnancy and then tandem nursed for a while. DS weaned at about 7 months in and then resumed for a few months after his sister came. I ended up weaning him because tandem nursing was not the beautiful experience I had dreamed it would be. It is very different for every mom. But in light of my past experience, I am trying to gently encourage DD to wean before the new baby comes.

Advertisement

xiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #22
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding While Pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiri View Post
My three and a half year old is still nursing, but she says there is no more milk in my nursies. Then she says that's ok...she can still nursie. Luckily my nipples aren't sore. I just have deep breast pain/ache, but that doesn't affect bf.

I nursed through most of my last pregnancy and then tandem nursed for a while. DS weaned at about 7 months in and then resumed for a few months after his sister came. I ended up weaning him because tandem nursing was not the beautiful experience I had dreamed it would be. It is very different for every mom. But in light of my past experience, I am trying to gently encourage DD to wean before the new baby comes.
Part of me hopes the DD will be done with 'milkies' soon and part of me is like nooooo! If she were to stop nursing, naps would stop, which they pretty much have lately because she doesn't want to have 'little milkies', she wants 'lotsa milkies' and I just can't take it anymore! But her missing naps leaves for a cranky child that gets into all kinds of mischief just to be naughty.

She nurses max 2 minutes at night and occasionally when she wakes up. Lately it's been she nurses for 30 seconds on one side and gets into her bed. I start complaining that it hurts or doesn't feel good. Some nights she's so upset she just rolls over and cries herself to sleep

The wonderful thing about this is that she has started sleeping through the night. However, now that my tummy hurts, my back hurts, I have insomnia, I have to pee 2x a night.... I don't get to enjoy it. Maybe 2nd tri I'll sleep through the night a couple times?!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote