Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #1
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
can i just tell you all how excited i am that...

i'm 99% sure i'm going to be able to get all three kids safely in the back of my subaru forester! my brand new car that i bought without thinking before we began ttc? lol!! it sounds weird, but this has been a huge stressor for me. esp because we're broke- if we had to trade it in, we'd end up with a really used car. poor dd1 will be smashed in the middle, but oooh well. i think in a couple years i might be able to part with it, but i really wasn't wanting to do it now.

done with my blabbering now! .. now watch, dd1's bubblebum will come and absolutely not fit in the back. it'd be just my luck

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: can i just tell you all how excited i am that...

That's a big accomplishment, especially for a Subaru!!!! Congrats!! What seats did you get to fit?

DH traded his Subaru Impreza Outback Sport last August for a Fusion for me, and he took the Subaru 2.5RS I was driving at the time. N needed a new seat in DH's car anyways, and I said lets try to get seats for the Fusion too. DH was getting pissy because he didn't think we'd outgrow the Fusion in a year, and was completely certain he'd have to trade it in for a Mazda 5 which I didn't want because it would mean increased payments. I got out the measuring tape, brought it to so many stores that day, and found seats that are very similar to what we've currently got, and they work! We just bought two new convertibles for my car, and N's convertible from my car went in DH's. I'm not sure we could fit a 3rd seat in that Subaru. If the 5 of us go somewhere, we have to take the Fusion for now.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Woohoo! That's awesome! I want pics of your 3 across when you get them all in there!

We just did the car shuffle this past April knowing we would be having another LO (and/or adopting which we are still looking into ). I was driving a Toyota Matrix and dh was driving an old Oldsmobile Alero sooo...I got a "new" Ford Freestyle (its a 2006) and dh took the Matrix and got rid of the Alero. I love my Freestyle and I have room for 4 carseats buuut we keep having mechanical issues with it. ;( They said we would have a free bumper to bumper warranty on it when we bought it but when we just took it in to get it fixed they charged us $200! And they didn't fix it!!

Anyways back to carseats...we have a cowmoo Frontier 85 for dd1, a cowmoo Marathon 70 for dd2, and a cowmoo Chaperone infant seat (left over from dd2) for the new baby. I like cowmoo can you tell? Lol And we have a Monet True Fit for a back up seat.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

we'll have (assuming the bubblebum fits and doesnt screw us over lol!) a coccoro on the passengers side rf, bubble bum booster in the middle, and a radian 65 ff on the driver's side. i'll def take pictures if it works. BIL sells cars at a ford dealership, so i have a feeling we'll end up with a ford some day- probably an explorer. he fixes them too which is good, lol.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I hope it all fits good, we need a bigger car, I have a jimmy slt and it seats 5, we are maxed out, so no room for this baby. We need to see how we're going to do it and get a bigger car, second car cause dh isn't selling this one, it is a great suv.
I have 3 radian80SL, my oldest right now is in an evenflo big kids high back xl, works good, I am undecided if I will get a bucket for the newbie or use my third radian.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

yay and well i def recommend a ford for you one day i my expedition and dh has an f150 with sec row seating and we can get three seats in the back and one more in the middle front
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

mil and fil have two fords and have never had any issues. bil swears they've never had any with their cars ,but he works there so he may be stretching the truth lol.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 AM   #8
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope it all works . We have an Isuzu Rodeo and it fits 3 in the back comfortably. ODD is out of a seat and in a regular seatbelt at 85lbs. YDD is in a booster, new baby is going to be in a bucket, Im pretty sure anyway, havnt quite decided on a seat for newby yet, but the backseat is very roomy. We also have a Dodge Ram Quad cab which has a good amount of room too
Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #9
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's great! I had a Saturn wagon, and I knew there was no way I could put three different carseats in it. One booster, one five point booster, and one baby carrier. There was just no way. We ended up getting a used Honda Van. Though it's in better shape then our wagon. Yea, I think if we had a new subaru wagon I would try very hard to make sure they all fit in the back.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That is great! We switched from a Saturn Vue to a Honda Odyssey when we were due with Leah. I it!