Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Please flag

Please flag this 6 year old Marathon. The person wants $75 for it!

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/bab/2556488776.html

Here is what I emailed to the person...

I am writing because several of the things you wrote in your Marathon ad are wrong. You are selling a classic Marathon. It only rear-faces to 33 pounds, and forward faces to 65 pounds. You stole the ads for the new version of the Marathon, which was completely redesigned last year. The one you are selling is very different. This seat does not have the SafeCell technology, or the steel bars that are in the newer seats.

Also, Britax seats expire 6 years from the date of manufacture. So, you are selling an expired seat, which is illegal to use, as Indiana requires seats be used per the manufacturer's instructions, and using it is against them.

In your picture, the seat is missing the required HUGS that must be used with the seat. These are the rubber pieces that go on the straps at the chest clip. They reduce force in the event of a front collision, and are required to be used with the seat. Taking them off makes the seat unsafe.

Please do not sell this old, expired seat to someone. It should be trashed, with the straps cut. Imagine how you would feel if some child was hurt when you KNEW the seat was expired and sold it to them anyway.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Please flag

Flagged.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #3
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

flagged

I can't believe they want $75 for a SIX year old seat!! Absurd
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

dp
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

flagged

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #6
dustileigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

flagged.

what a creeper to list that seat and advertise it like that.
http://www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com/
dustileigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #7
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Flagged.

Just looking to make a buck. It wouldn't make the seat any safer if they were selling it at $10 but it would make them a little less of a scummy human being
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #8
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Flagged- i've only got phone now but if you have acces to more than one ip you can flagg more.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The poster responded with...

Hi Kristen,
I will change the listing. I would never want to put anyone in danger. I have purchased 4 Britax carseats used, one carrier, one Roundabout and one Marathon, and one Parkway, and they have always been so reliable and well made that the fact that they were used didn't bother me, in fact it made it possible at the times to purchase them. I was trying to pass along a good carseat at a reasonable price, because I really appreciated buying my carseats used at a discount knowing that I was buying some of the safest carseats on the market. I have actually always had good response to selling Britax carseats in the past.
I appreciate your desire to create safe and honest listings, so thank you and I will get to the changes.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
Old 08-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The poster responded with...

Hi Kristen,
I will change the listing. I would never want to put anyone in danger. I have purchased 4 Britax carseats used, one carrier, one Roundabout and one Marathon, and one Parkway, and they have always been so reliable and well made that the fact that they were used didn't bother me, in fact it made it possible at the times to purchase them. I was trying to pass along a good carseat at a reasonable price, because I really appreciated buying my carseats used at a discount knowing that I was buying some of the safest carseats on the market. I have actually always had good response to selling Britax carseats in the past.
I appreciate your desire to create safe and honest listings, so thank you and I will get to the changes.