Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daily Chat - August 21st

Morning all!

QOTD: With summer coming to an end, is there anything else you need to do or want to do?

Advertisement

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat - August 21st

For us, I do still *need* to go through the rest of boy's clothes (winter stuff included). I know Z will need new pants, but it's just a matter of how many he still fits in and how many he'll need.

DH wants to go camping before summer ends. I think we decided last night that we'll go next weekend if he doesn't have to work on Saturday. I would like to go to the beach as well, even if for a day, but that might be a stretch considering it's a 5 hour drive minimum.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP...

Last edited by cutebluebaby; 08-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nothing really that I have to do or want to do. I would have like to have spent more time with my boys. I felt like I didn't see them much. They were at day camp everyday and I was feeling pretty crummy most of the summer and it was easier with them out of my hair and then I was working too and having to sleep during the day. I can not wait to quit. Have I said that before??? LOL I do miss being a sahm.

I just got off of work. Going to bed here in a second. One of my co workers took a pg test when she got home this am. It was + so I have been texting with her. That makes 3 of us.

I am going to have to reschedule my US. Since we are going from active duty to retired we have to reenroll in Tricare and the effective date is the 30th. Same days as my US. So our last day of active duty insurance is the 29th which means after that all of my referrals will be no good after the 29th and I have to go back to my pcp and get them all again. So if I go to my us they won't pay. The perinatologist won't do them before 20 wks and so I am praying they have a spot open on the 29th since I won't hit 20 wks until the 28th. Ughhh such a pain!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I want to do the trolley ride around a local lake with my daughter. It is seasonal. As far as things I need to do, there are a ton, but I don't think too many that are specifically seasonal.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

i need to get dd1's homeschool stuff together and plan the first week of school. i generally don't need to plan things out- i just do whatever is next in whichever book- but i want to have it all written out for the first week to make things easier. i also need to get some of those under the bed storage boxes and pack away some of these kids clothes that are taking over our house. we have outgrown clothes and diapers coming out of everywhere! watch, this baby will be a boy and i'll have to haul this insane amount of clothing down to the consignment store. omg that would be nuts, there's SO much!

want to do: i feel like i didn't even have a summer, because i felt cruddy and worked full time. blah. i'm still so tired and feel kind of icky, so there isn't even much i want to get done. i've pretty much given up on this summer, so i'm planning for fall. pumpkin patches and baking! fall is my favorite season.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #7
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just can't wait for fall weather to get here! I want to take the kids to the zoo, but in this heat, it's just not going to happen with being preggo being over heated easily, there are so many steep hills to walk. LOL! I just love fall, and want it here, now!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #8
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Need to do: Just get DS's school supplies. We don't need to change out wardrobes yet b/c here it stays in the 80s or above until November or December, if even then (I have plenty of pictures growing up of me and my siblings visiting Santa in shorts and tank tops). And then we don't have a fall at all. Some days it will literally go from 85 to about 45 between morning and afternoon. So we can put off the changing of the wardrobe for a little while.

Want to do: Just let this summer end already. As bad as it sounds, I am so ready for DS to go back to school. The public schools have already started back so his friends are all gone and we don't start until Sept 6. We have run out of things to do. Add my summer of morning sickness and miserable heat and I am just ready to move on from it.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

School starts tomorrow, the one thing I need to do but I took too long is get my ds1 a haircut, he has long hair so I am picky with who I let trim it. The hairdresser we go to was so booked and was leaving early yesterday. She told me she had 4 people waiting and was working on one already, she had 1.25 until she was going out so didn't have time. I was bummed and looked around for reviews to other places but I am afraid they will mess up his hair. So he may have to go monday after school instead and see the girl I want him to go to. I don't want to wait but they are closed sunday's too so no luck.
Other than that we are ready. We did so much this summer, it was one of the very best.
Oh my youngest who is going to preschool has to wait a few days, the school didn't get some permit or something from the fire marshal so are rushing to get that done then the kids can start preschool. This is the first year for our home school having a preschool, I hope it all goes smooth. I am excited to have all 3 kids at school and some quiet time for a few hours everyday too..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree with everyone else, I'm just ready for fall!!!! So done with summer! I want turkey and pumpkin pie and Breaking Dawn!!!!!!!!!! Ah! I am sooooo excited for Breaking Dawn! Lol

I am 18 weeks! Seriously I cant believe we are all about halfway done with this pregnancy already! I have been so busy that it's just flown by!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum