Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat - August 21st

OMG I can not wait for THanksgiving! I had to work last year so while my family went to dh's cousins house I was home alone. I can not wait for that food!

Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I third, fourth on fall- my fav season! We do want a camping trip but it won't be till Sept. We started homeschooling Aug 1 st so summer already feels like a long time ago for us. Bring on fall!
Erin- Helpmeet to David, Deaf. Reformed Christian. Homeschooling. SAHM to 5 on earth, 3 in eternity and currently in the family way! Edd July 2014! Grow baby grow!
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I love fall too! But nothing particular I need to do. . .since i am a sahm and no school age kids, there really isn't a distinct summer's end for me. And it stays quite warm and nice here through October. Most of the activities I do with ds are year round, although I do want to sign up for a fall tots gym class. We have been in swimming lessons, but also signed up for the fall session so that will go through the end of Oct. So, it's pretty much same as always around here. One fun thing is we get a CSA box (local, organic fruits and veg) and it's always fun to experience the foods changing with the seasons. I love the summer produce of course, but it is nice when we start to get the pumpkins and apples and I can spend more time baking without overheating the house.

I am getting sooooooo anxious/excited for our u/s this Wed!!!!!! We have a babysitter lined up, but she has to leave for class by 11:30, which won't be a problem unless they are running late (and then DH would have leave me there). So I really hope that they are on time. . .and that everything is okay with baby. . .and that we get a good conclusive look at gender! I am having a hard time thinking about much else this weekend. . .
Lucinda-- crunchy, BFing, homebirthin', SAH mama to my sweet guy, born 10.1.09 and my baby girl, born 1.19.12.
*I'm a stroke survivor.*
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

Summer is done here . . now for the weather to cooperate so we can go do all the fun fall stuff and start cooking yummy food. . . .I do want to take the boys to the water park as they have free passes. But I can't take the three of them without dh.

Sally- I understand the haircut thing. There is only one place that can cut DS1's hair. Of course it's the most expensive, but the kid has 3 cowlicks and a widows peak. Right now his hair looks bad, but I have to wait until next weekend to get it cut. . .DS2 will also get a cut and DS3 will get his first cut His will be a penny, it'll be sad to see the curls go, but it is really uneven and I'm tired of the knots.

I made Eggs Benedict this morning. It was good! But I felt like butter was leaking from my pores afterward. I guess that's why it's been 8 years since I've had them. Been craving them and we are getting 18 or so eggs a day from our chickens. . .I think I'm going to try quiche and fritatas next weekend. I should be able to freeze those for breakfasts.
JackieMarried to my love Momma to Isaac 11/18/04Elijah 12/22/07 Roman 11/25/09Lorelei Noel 12/25/11

Last edited by foxygoober; 08-21-2011 at 05:28 PM.
foxygoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

Stacie: Good luck scheduling your ultrasound! I have an appointment this Wednesday, and I'll be 21 weeks. Not sure what they'll do about my ultrasound. All I was told is that they would schedule one. I'm hoping they do it either Thursday or Friday cause I start student teaching on the 29th, and that won't be fun to schedule around.

Sally: I am picky with who I'll let cut the boys' hair too! We do have to get that done before next week. The boys look good with the "typical" boy haircut, but when we moved back, the barber that DH went to when he was little started cutting their hair and leaving bangs because "if they cut it too short in the front it would stick up". It took so long to get through his head that it looked horrible when he would leave it long like that, and as soon as it grew it wouldn't "stick up" anymore... not like it stuck up in the first place.

Jackie: I hate thinking of taking the boys to an amusement/water park without DH as well. I know DH loves doing things like that with them. MIL on the other hand never waited for FIL to be "done" with work or have a day off, and just did what she wanted to do with the boys and when. She makes it quite clear to me that I shouldn't wait for DH and do the same.

Hope everyone's day was well. I'm whopped from walking around all day and keeping up with the boys! We had to cut our time at the amusement park short due to a severe thunderstorm rolling through. We were lucky and got out in time before the downpours. The power went out briefly as we were leaving, and some people got stuck on some of the rides. I couldn't imagine that!
Kate: wife to D
Mom to Z (7.2.2005), N (7.29.2009) , & A (1.9.2012)

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I think I want to get a day trips in with the boys. We usally go on a field trip once a week in the summer but, this summer I have been very tired so we didn't do it. We also want to go on more camping trips but, we might wait for fall when the leaves turn.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote