Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Beccadssmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
ameda purelyyours pump -- recommendations?

So I'm in the market for a new pump, last one was a Medela pump-instyle.

I've read a little bit about the Ameda purely-yours...anyone have anything to say about it? I'd be purchasing just the pump, and use my own bag.

Oh! I suppose I should say that about 7 months after baby is born, I'll be heading back to work as a teacher and will be pumping at work, 2-3 times a day.

Advertisement

Last edited by Beccadssmomma; 08-21-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Beccadssmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Mrs_R
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ameda purelyyours pump -- recommendations?

I used a Purely Yours with my first son and I liked it a lot. I plan on using it again with this baby, once I get the new tubes and such.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

I bought the Purely Yours for myself. I plan on pumping at work (start back tomorrow!) and I have been pumping extra milk to freeze since my LO was 2 weeks old ...she is now 8 weeks.

It took me a week or two to figure out the best settings for myself. It works great and I support your idea of just getting the pump. Way cheaper to skip over the premium they add on with the tote. I actually bought the whole tote set first, then bought a second standalone PY pump to keep at work. I wish I had only bought the pump the first time, because I have no plans on using the tote! Could've saved some $$, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a Purely Yours too--just the pump, no tote. I like it a lot. I pump a couple of times a day to donate and it does great for that. It's a little noisy--it beeps each cycle, but it doesn't bother me, really. I've heard that some people find that annoying.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
oriskanystorey
Registered Users
seller

I used the py to pump from 3-13 months while working ft with dd. Loved it! I used a PIS for ds, and I liked the Ameda better because it was more variable and the bottles stood up in the pump (no dumping milk because my tired self knocked over a bottle!)
oriskanystorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been using mine at work the last couple of weeks. I don't have experience with any other pumps, but I do like this one quite a bit. It's pretty compact, and I like that you can use batteries, the wall adapter, or even a car adapter. It is kinda noisy, but not really that bad, I've gotten used to it. I'm also a fan of placing the bottles in the pump, like PP said, it holds them very securely. I did get the tote package because it came with extra bottles and the cooler/freezey packs. However, you can get the cooler/bottles/freezey packs in a $20 package I believe, so still less than getting everything all together if all you get is the pump + cooler package.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

I like mine. I used it fairly often in the early weeks to (successfully!) battle a supply issue, then build a freezer stash. Use it for the occasional bottle now. I think it is probably time to replace some of the valves/membranes or whatever, but I think that is just normal with wear. I plan to use it for a next baby.

I don't have experience with other pumps, but I liked the idea that the milk can't "back up in the tubes" with the Ameda, like it supposedly can with Medela and get into the motor. I can't picture how that would happen, but it sounded gross.

I heard that the Lansinoh breast pump is very similar to Ameda (same manufacturer?), just branded differently.
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #8
Lanae
Registered Users
Formerly: Lanae~1st time mom
seller

Location: Hawaii-Oahu, DH-Deployment to Iraq, My home state-TN
My Mood:
Love love love love love it and recommend it to all my friends and even people I don't know. It works for variety of sizes, it's safe for multiple users, and great for everyday pumping. It's the only one that works for me so I'm biased.

I'm blaming stupid words or sentences on my iPhone since it thinks it's smarter than me!
Lanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #9
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As long as you don't plan on pumping next to a sleeping baby or want discretion at work it's great. It is loud and beeps with each pump (so 45+ times a minute). It did a great job pumping though.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #10
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love mine!!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote