Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #11
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: What my SIL said to me...

umm EWW. My 1yo wore some disposables recently and his morning one was literally
SOAKING wet. We had tons of leaks even with changing him every 2-3 hours, I cannot imagine going that long. That is just plain gross. I would be afraid my kid would smell!

Advertisement

FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 PM   #12
mamasewsbest
Registered Users
Formerly: Senzafine
seller

My Mood:

My mom used to babysit a little girl who was a few months younger than me, and for the entire day the mom would send only 2 diapers for her. I think it is a not-so-uncommon attitude to not change disposables until they are completely saturated.
Girl #3 on the way for January 2013!
WAHM behind Abernathy Naturals.
mamasewsbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
noahbriansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nasty. Nasty. Nothing else to say....

Earn gift cards for searching the web
noahbriansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a friend who did the same thing.....she says "well they're good for 12hrs and I change him every 8, how great is that.. only 3 diapers a day"
Me: "real great...." slowly backing away , wondering if they're doing long term studies on children who sit in urine soaked chemicals for the first 2yrs of their lives. I really don't know what to say to people... it's so mainstream. I don't think there is anything wrong with using disposables, to each their own... however I think that sometimes adults forget to put themselves in their LO's shoes KWIM... I wouldn't use the same feminine hygiene product for 8hrs of awake time... Anyhow, that was my rant for the evening
Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

DISGUSTING. That poor child. every time i see a baby with a sposie so full of pee that it's sagging between their poor little legs, i want to cry. I change my 3 year old (special needs and late to PT) every single time he wets, even twice an hour if need be.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #16
SarahR.
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ewww! I hope you set her straight.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #17
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know who would be in their right mind to think that it's ok to only use a few diapers a day. Cloth or sposies. I change my son every time he is wet or soiled, so i go through a lot of diaps. Especially since my son drinks a lot. We can easily go through ten to fifteen diaps a day!! I don't care I just can't deal with him being wet. I know I wouldn't want to sit in my own pee even if it is absorbed into materail? I babysit and the mom only uses about five a day. I just ccan't do it I change way more than she does but I try not to get carried away.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
magoose
Registered Users

That's gross. My sister works in daycare and she has parents tell her that they only change when the diaper explodes......ugh. I've had someone else say that they don't see the cost savings to using cloth because they only use three or so diapers a day. That just makes me so sad. I agree with the previous poster who said that parents sometimes forget to put themselves in thier child's position. I certainly wouldn't keep the same pad on for 8+ hours, so why I would do that to my child. So so gross. Those poor babies....
Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
Jussiemariee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahR. View Post
Ewww! I hope you set her straight.
Sadly I could not. My husbands family has done so much criticizing of me to my DH that he has had to tell them to stop (mil told my DH to make me use sposies because she used cloth and it is just to hard)

I promised to keep my opinions to myself and not criticize her parenting choices. (however bad they may be)
Jussiemariee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #20
TryingHard
Registered Users
seller

I guess she likes to see saggy pampers hanging low between her babies knees...?
UGH
TryingHard is offline   Reply With Quote