Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Baby's Only

Is it ok to feed this even for babies younger than toddlers? The label says toddler formula. Their website says:

Baby’s Only Organic® is labeled a toddler formula to promote breast milk as the best first option. Following breast milk, parents can continue providing organic nutrition using Baby’s Only Organic® formula. For a baby less than 12-months, use as directed by a healthcare professional.

My baby is 7 months. Do I really need to call my doctor to see if it's okay to use this as a supplement? I am pretty sure he'd say to just keep using enfamil since we haven't had any problems with it.

Has anyone had constipation issues with this formula? Is it pretty much just like anything else -- all babies will react differently?

Thanks in advance for the help.

GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Baby's Only

No, I'd wait till 12 months, some say 9 months on the packaging. The nutritional value is different.

We had constipation issues with it & my son didn't like the taste with the toddler formula - he'd hand the cup back to me. But, every baby is different and plenty do fine on this.

If something is working and you don't have a reason to change, don't mess with what is working (or at least that's my opinion).
Mom to my wonderfully sweet toddler who is the joy of our lives. :
pcjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Registered Users

I used it for my now 2yo. to supplement bfing...I called the company, and I remember several others posting that they had called as well. They say the reason they market it as a toddler formulas because they fully advocate breastfeeding for the first year. It smelled SO much
better than other formulas!
Heather-wife to the sexiest plumber you've ever met,
mama to H (6) K (3) and the newbies Sonia Faith and Jon David
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling

Last edited by Heather8183; 08-23-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

You are able to use on an infant if you like.

In the same location where you read the formula description... there is a link showing its comparable nutrition to that of other infant formulas and you can see that they are similar. I used it at first on my daughter to supplement when she was 3 or 4 months old... SHE LOVED IT... unfortunately, it did constipate her a bit. She's almost 8 months now and I'm thinking about giving it another shot There are quite a few mama's on this board who use it for their infants as well... maybe they will chime in for you!

Hope this helps
WAHM mom to my DD 12/2010! Married for 3 1/2 years and joined together as ONE to love of my life
ISO: Basketball related diapers! If they are girly, even better
blessed22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Registered Users

If you're using it as a supplement, I don't think you'll have constipation problems.

My little guy was on 3 servings of formula, 1 servings of breastmilk and didn't have any constipation problems. at 5.5 months, it became 2 servings of formula, 2 servings of raw goat milk, and he never had an issues with that either.

He also started the formula at 3 days old.
epiclesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know many moms who use it on infants less than 12 months with no issues. Like a pp said, they only say Toddler formula because they advocate breastfeeding for the first 12 months. DD has been on it since 10 months, and she is still on it at 16.5 months. She LOVES it and it's the only formula she will take. We have had no issues with constipation.
KLJ07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've been using it for a supplement with my little guy since he was about a month. He gets about 3-6 oz of it a day with no issues.
blathnat is offline   Reply With Quote