Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Daily Chat - Aug 22nd

Happy Monday!

QOTD: Do you get a new diaper bag with every baby or have you used the same one from the beginning?

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat - Aug 22nd

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will have to get a new diaper bag seeing as how my youngest is 6 lol. I don't even know what I want to get right now. Any suggestions? I don't want to spend a lot and prefer something that can double as a purse and that dh won't mind carrying.

Sent the boys off to First and Fourth grade today! They were excited and I can't wait to hear about their day. Back to our routine of school swim homework ect. Then I have to go to work.

I think this baby sits on my right side. OMG it is so uncomfortable and down right hurts sometimes. I can only imagine how much it is going to hurt in a few months. Well I have a mountain of laundry to put away and then get to sleep since I have to be up early to pick up the boys and take them to practice. Have a great day
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #5
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah mommy View Post
These are my fav's so far. I LOVE Skip Hop & JJ Coles. They are more pricey but I have found that the less expensive ones have worn out or fallen apart within only months of use. I prefer Skip Hop because they have built-in stroller straps (and when I shop I want to be able to attach it to the stroller or the cart if I'm wearing baby). I lose things like stroller straps too easily.

This is the one that I have for weekends, etc. It is waaay too heavy for an everyday bag:
http://www.target.com/Skip-Hop-Doubl...i_detailbutton

Love this but not sure it will be big enough. Plus I told dh I wouldn't spend THAT much this time.
http://www.skiphop.com/product/21500.html

I am leaning toward this one though it is not all that cute. I think I will be able to fit everything in it.
http://www.target.com/Spark-Skip-Hop...i_detailbutton

I use my diaper bag as a purse also. The other option I am thinking of is to carry the cd's in a separate wet/dry bag and only have one of each diaper in my diaper bag (keep the wet/dry bag in the car while I am shopping). Anyone do this? That way I would be able to get away with my smaller diaper bag with 2 in diapers. I don't know. I keep going back and forth.
I really like that second one too! It is pretty pricey. Hmmm maybe a good Christmas present!

I forgot to add that today was dh's first day of high school! As a techer that is. HE was so nervous but I know he will do great!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have used a different one each time. Nothing special though, just ones that I find cute, that are big enough! Not sure what I will get this time around, either, although this one caught my eye when the target baby catalog came in the mail the other day.
http://www.target.com/Carters-JOY-Gi...k&frombrowse=1

Last edited by Mama_Destiny; 08-22-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maria is reading my mind, lol! I was just looking at diaper bags online last night. I'd love a new one for this lo. I was looking at the Sherpani Nuvi diaper bags, they look pretty nice. Does anybody have one of these?

Absolutely nothing going on with me today (or this week), just having some not so lovely round ligament pains wayyyy down low. only one more week until my anatomy scan though, yay!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It took me a while with DS to find the right diaper bag, we went through many. Once we finally found one that was right I will be using it forever. And since it's not actually a diaper bag it will last that long. I got it off the website for tactical backpacks and luggage that my husbands unit orders all their backpacks through. It will last forever. Has lots of pockets. It's exactly what we needed. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ACK-4p1332.htm
And it's plain black so goes with everything. I do notice that cops tend to compliment my bag alot lol!
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #9
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK
It took me a while with DS to find the right diaper bag, we went through many. Once we finally found one that was right I will be using it forever. And since it's not actually a diaper bag it will last that long. I got it off the website for tactical backpacks and luggage that my husbands unit orders all their backpacks through. It will last forever. Has lots of pockets. It's exactly what we needed. http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...ACK-4p1332.htm
And it's plain black so goes with everything. I do notice that cops tend to compliment my bag alot lol!
That bag is awesome! Lol. We will probably end up with a backpack this time. I actually have a ton of bags, but Id like a backpack for outings.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #10
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have to get a new diaper bag because the one I have now is not big enough for two kids. No idea what I am going to get though. .

I am stressed beyond the max today. We are STILL fighting our bank on closing the loan and the bank loan officer is giving us he--. She has not explained ANYTHING to us, first off instead of calling us up and saying "hey, your so and so many dollars away from the max I can loan you on your contractors loan" she waits til we go OVER that amount then says "oh hey your over your amount, now we have problems because we are 90% over the amount the house is worth.
Then she neglects to tell us that we have to pay $3,000 in closing cost OUT OF POCKET. I was like um, hello, where the heck am i supposed to get that? It would have been nice to let us know that before we started. . We absolutely dont have it either because hubs new health insurance at work is crap and we are paying out of pocket for most of my Dr bills at the OB.
So I ask the loan officer what happens if we dont have the closing cost amount and instead of being helpful and saying a few suggestions or options she says "oh, we will wait and talk about it after the assessor comes out. Which he was supposed to come today and hasnt called to set up a appointment yet so no signs of him coming anytime soon.
So we were fed up with it all and went today to another bank in the area to see about switching our loan over to another bank and she said she can switch us but she thinks our old bank loan officer is going to charge us the closing fees anyways because she has worked on the loan all this time. So even if we switch and close now at the new bank we will still get stuck with the $3,000 in fees at the other bank.
I am so frustrated and ticked and beyond stressed right now. Its not even funny. Plus the sink top for our master bath was supposed to be in friday and we called today and it didnt come in so now we have to wait til this coming friday at the earliest to get it.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote