Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat - Aug 22nd

uh oh

Advertisement

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 12:52 PM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #12
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I like to use a purse and not a diaperbag so I do get a new roomy purse for each child..lol
My friend got a pretty giraffe print diaperbag from target and it don't look babyish, so maybe I can find something similar but not exactly like hers so we don't get them mixed up when we hang out.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #13
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have had tons of diaper bags! I have a jujube packabe right now that I LOVE so I'll probably just stick with it for this baby (unless I end up needing more room). I do think I would like a tote style bag better but haven't found one that I love. I really like the skip hop studio tote that someone posted the link to tho so I might look into that!

Nothing going on here today. The girls are both in terrible moods and throwing fits. Zoe just fell asleep for her nap so I made Nadia lay down too but of course she won't really go to sleep and give me a much needed break. It will be nice when she starts school! I'm trying to keep the house cleaned up so it won't be a disaster for my appointment with the MW Wednesday, not much luck so far tho. Everytime I get something put away Zoe goes back over and gets it out. Of course. Oh well better go get something done while she's sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Diaper bags. Welll I carry one and it doubles as my purse but I am not "into" diaper bags KWIM? I had a sling backpack one from Pottery Barn that I loved, they discontinued it and I can't find another one I like as much. So I have small one I take most places and then if we are going to be gone long ( or once we have 2 in dipaers again) I just carry a backpack, nothing special.

MrcCompgeek - that sucks, I haven't been through a construction loan before so I don't have any advice just
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 PM   #15
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah mommy View Post
mrscompgeek, could you tell the loan officer that is being awful that you decided not to buy right now? Would there be a charge for that? I was going to buy a place 5 years ago and ended up not (similar issues with hidden fees that came up as I was in closing). Anyway, I was not charged for saying I can't afford this right now. I am not sure if they have a contract that you signed saying if you decide not to buy you have to pay x amount of dollars or that you have to wait 6 months before opening another loan, etc. I would look into the paperwork you have signed. You might be able to close that one and open somewhere else. It sucks when that happens. I remember how stressful it is. Sorry mama. Not something you need to go through when you are preg.
We arent buying. We own the house, have for 5 years, we just refinanced our current loan and added some to the loan because we added 700 sq feet on to our existing house. The problem is our contractor took his good freakin sweet time on the addition plus went over the cost he quoted us making us go over the loan amount we were allowed. So not only have we paid out of pocket some to the contractor but now we went over the amount the bank can loan us so we have $1,000 on our loan mortgage that the bank is saying they wont pay plus we have to pay the $3,00 closing cost extra.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mrscompgeek, that really sucks. Too bad you didn't have some gut feeling in the beginning to run away from that loan officer. Sounds like she's incompetent. Is there someone over her head you could talk to about all the non-information you've gotten that has caused you to get in over your heads? Seriously, it totally sounds like she doesn't know what she's doing, or just doesn't care.

AFM, well... I've had many diaper bags, but mostly they've just been big purses. I'm really hard on bags, so I don't dare spend more than about $40 on one. I hadn't given it much thought though. I haven't used a diaper bag in a long time since both kids are PL'd. For a while I'd carry around a diaper and some wipes in my regular purse because I was never going to need more than that. I'm going to miss not having to carry around a great big bag....

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #17
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought a new diaper bag. The one I had with V was too small... I bought a Skip Hop Versa bag in the pretty cream print...
Old 08-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 12:53 PM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #19
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't use a diaperbag for out and about types of things; I stuff my purse for that. I do use it for daycare trips, and long day trips.

MIL bought be a diaperbag with Z, and it fell apart within 2 months of use. So we bought a backpack and that worked fine with him. When I was pregnant with N, I bought a diaperbag from Walmart that held up a lot better. I still use it for daytrips with N and for daycare. If N is PT'd by the time he and the bean go to daycare next April, then I will just use our current diaperbag for the bean. If not, I'll buy another so they don't have to worry about whose diapers are in which room.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #20
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well we went today to another bank like I said to see about moving our loan to them and she said the loan officer at our old bank is following the law, so not doing anything she isnt supposed to, Its just frusturating that she didnt communicate more with us and explain things. AND warn us we were close to our limit ya know??
Right now Im just PRAYING that our house is assessed at way more then we expect so we dont have any issues. Our house was assessed at 110,000 before we started the project. That was the price they estimate the house will be worth after adding on, new siding, new roof. .etc. . .so now we just have to hope that its worth at least 115,000 or more then we will be good. If not- I have no idea what to do.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote