Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat - Aug 22nd

Mrscompgeek--so sorry about all that. hope it gets sorted out soon!

Maria--YAY for feeling your baby!

Ooooo, I like all this talk of diaper bags! I never did get that figured out with ds. . .maybe I'm just not a diaper bag sort of gal, but I keep hoping to find the perfect something for me. With ds I bought a fancy diaper bag, but wound up not liking it (luckily I bought it used) and just used a big purse or for longer outing a backpack. But the problem with both of those is, A) they don't fit on a stroller and B) they don't have enough pockets and everything just gets jumbled at the bottom.

My other issue is that one-shoulder bags tend to hurt my back. . .so I am thinking of trying to find a really cool backpack to use. The one bag I do covet is this one: http://www.diapers.com/p/Go-Gaga-The...ci_sku=GOG-002
All the gogaga bags have this stretchy shoulder that is soooo comfy and I believe they have the built in stroller clips too. Maybe I should ask for it for Xmas!

DH felt the baby move for the first time this morning! The movements have been getting quite a bit stronger lately. Now to survive till Wed morning and our u/s! I'm so impatient.

Advertisement

Last edited by kismetbaby; 08-22-2011 at 02:31 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #22
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mrscompgeek-Ugh!!! I wish I had left our loan officer, such a sleaze. He kept trying to get us to buy a house that was at the top of our limit and asking why we didn't want certain houses (I knew we couldn't afford them even he thought so). I think he was ticked our loan wound up being so little. I still don't think he deserved the money he did get. I hope you can get things sorted out. I'm tired of money troubles, why do they always occur during pregnancy?

AOTD: I use a messenger bag- or backpack. I use the backpack if we have a lot of stuff. Usually I just stick a diaper and wipes in a smaller bag or in the bottom of the wagon/stroller and leave the rest in the car. I keep a change of clothes for each kid in the car along with a first aid kit, couple diapers and wipes. . .so really my diaper bag only needs a little bit.
I'm pretty minimal with what I actually carry around, if anything- a spare 1 piece outfit for baby, diaper, wipes and nursing cover. For trips to the store I don't even take anything in.

Lucinda- The backpack I use is a Jansport one from when I was in college-lots of pockets!

Diaper bags always make me think of when a friend had her first lo. She carried one of those HUGE weekend sized diaper bags around. I swear it had everything in it- the medicine cabinet-clothes-pack of diapers-formula-etc.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #23
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxygoober View Post
Mrscompgeek-Ugh!!! I wish I had left our loan officer, such a sleaze. He kept trying to get us to buy a house that was at the top of our limit and asking why we didn't want certain houses (I knew we couldn't afford them even he thought so). I think he was ticked our loan wound up being so little. I still don't think he deserved the money he did get. I hope you can get things sorted out. I'm tired of money troubles, why do they always occur during pregnancy?

AOTD: I use a messenger bag- or backpack. I use the backpack if we have a lot of stuff. Usually I just stick a diaper and wipes in a smaller bag or in the bottom of the wagon/stroller and leave the rest in the car. I keep a change of clothes for each kid in the car along with a first aid kit, couple diapers and wipes. . .so really my diaper bag only needs a little bit.
I'm pretty minimal with what I actually carry around, if anything- a spare 1 piece outfit for baby, diaper, wipes and nursing cover. For trips to the store I don't even take anything in.

Lucinda- The backpack I use is a Jansport one from when I was in college-lots of pockets!

Diaper bags always make me think of when a friend had her first lo. She carried one of those HUGE weekend sized diaper bags around. I swear it had everything in it- the medicine cabinet-clothes-pack of diapers-formula-etc.
Our loan officer told us with Hubs income we are pre approved to buy a home up to a certain amount. . . well that certain amount would be 1/3 of our monthly income just in mortgage....I was like seriously? Who the heck has the kind of money to throw 1/3 of your monthly income into just your house payment?? Honestly! Apparantly there are people who can..
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #24
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just found out that one of the moms from my last DDC is pg again! that makes four of us (that I know of) that are pregnant right now from my ddc with my son. And all of us on our second child.

I was just feeling excited and wanted to share. Too bad none of my mama friends IRL are pg with me.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Just found out that one of the moms from my last DDC is pg again! that makes four of us (that I know of) that are pregnant right now from my ddc with my son. And all of us on our second child.

I was just feeling excited and wanted to share. Too bad none of my mama friends IRL are pg with me.
I have 2 cousins PG right now but none that Im close to or live around here. . .so I dont really have anyone PG irl either. . Kinda bummer.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #26
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lucinda- nice bag

Mrs comp- almost half our income is rent lol. Not by choice- dh doesn't make hardly anything and this is the cheapest place in town to live that's not ghetto. Literally is $925 out of his $2200 he earns . Wish it was cheaper to live in town hope all works out for you though mama

As for diaper bsgs- I have a cute old fashion pooh bear I bought for last dd. Will use that and sometimes just a regular backpack. I'm not a purse or bag type gal this is it-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #27
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We pay 1/5 of what I make. So 1/6 of our income now that DH is working. Including escrow(taxes and ins). I couldn't imagine the financial mess we would be in if we had gotten something more expensive. Not to mention utilities on a bigger home. I do wish for another bathroom though
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
audreyr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Ooooo, I like all this talk of diaper bags! I never did get that figured out with ds. . .maybe I'm just not a diaper bag sort of gal, but I keep hoping to find the perfect something for me. With ds I bought a fancy diaper bag, but wound up not liking it (luckily I bought it used) and just used a big purse or for longer outing a backpack. But the problem with both of those is, A) they don't fit on a stroller and B) they don't have enough pockets and everything just gets jumbled at the bottom.

My other issue is that one-shoulder bags tend to hurt my back. . .so I am thinking of trying to find a really cool backpack to use. The one bag I do covet is this one: http://www.diapers.com/p/Go-Gaga-The...ci_sku=GOG-002
All the gogaga bags have this stretchy shoulder that is soooo comfy and I believe they have the built in stroller clips too. Maybe I should ask for it for Xmas!
My parents got me this diaper bag when I had my first baby. I love it! It's really comfortable to wear, it has stroller clips, a changing pad, and a removable inner divider. It also has insulated bottle holders on the side that are perfect for my water and a sippy cup. It's a gender neutral enough style that my husband uses it too (even though mine is purple). Mine still looks like new after heavy use for a year and a half, so I'll be using it for the next one as well (and probably as a laptop bag after that).
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #29
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

kind of excited. dh and i talked and decided maybe i would take off for maternity leave kind of early, in nov. we would be super broke, but i want to work on getting dd2 into a bed in the kids' room and work on potty training. it would also be really nice to get ahead with dd1s homeschooling before the baby comes. it's not set in stone yet (the last time we planned for me to become a sahm the plans fell through, so i'm really cautious), but i'm hopeful. the plan would be to try and use our tax money to move closer to dh's family and for me to open a very small in home daycare, or possibly just watch my neice and new nephew if we could find a place close enough to bil and sil. we'll see what happens! i would love not having to work with 11 two- year- olds during my last two mos of pregnancy- blah.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #30
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mrscompgeek--yeah, it would be fun to have some friends to be pg with IRL. But I can't seem to talk any of mine into hurrying up and getting pg right now! lol

audreyr--thanks for the good review of the go-gaga. It's always hard to know whether I will really like something like that and I don't want to spend $100 and not use it! Hard to decide whether I'd like that bag more or just a good, multi-compartment backpack. Hmmm. Two of my IRL mama friends have them and they just look so awesome. . .just may have to make that my Christmas gift from DH!

Leuhhh--Oh, I hope you get to have your mat leave early! I cannot imagine having any more than one 2 year old right now! Mine is being such a crabby thing lately, I shudder at the thought of a roomful of them!

On another note: anyone still BFing? I am so, so torn about whether to think about weaning or not. I feel so guilty just thinking about it even though ds is almost 2. . .but I know I wouldn't be thinking about it seriously if I wasn't pg, so then I feel like I shouldn't wean him just b/c of that--it seems selfish and unfair. Ugh. I'm open to the idea of tandem nursing and I always wanted to let him decide when it was time to wean. . .but then my nips have been so sore lately and I wonder how well it will work having him share. And he still won't fall asleep without BFing and I don't know how that will work with a nb. Agh. I'm just so conflicted over it all. I don't want to push independence on him before he's ready and yet I will need him to be a bit more independent by January.

Just thought I'd put that out there in case anyone else is in a similar dilemma and wants to whine about it with me.