Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: When is/was your first appointment?

I have my appointment on Sept 9. I think I will be between 9 and 10 weeks. They wanted me in this week but I have so much going on I just couldn't do it. No worries, I am okay waiting (now!).

It's so weird that you guys have to wait so long and get referrals etc. With all my kids I have just called the docs/midwives, gone in, no fuss.

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #12
legable
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm changing OB's this time around, and my new insurance doesn't take effect until 9/1. So I have an appt set up for a nurse interview (not really sure wha this is all about) on 9/12. I have my first OB appt on 9/26 and I'll be 9 weeks. It seems strange though, the office I went to when I had DS saw me the day I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks! Such a long wait!
legable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM   #13
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by legable
I'm changing OB's this time around, and my new insurance doesn't take effect until 9/1. So I have an appt set up for a nurse interview (not really sure wha this is all about) on 9/12. I have my first OB appt on 9/26 and I'll be 9 weeks. It seems strange though, the office I went to when I had DS saw me the day I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks! Such a long wait!
I usually have a nurse appt first too. It's annoying. For me it usually just meant insurance stuff, bloodwork and other random stuff. I hate waiting to see my ob. after my last two Miscarriages...i pretty much lost all of my patience with hospitals.

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #14
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

My first appointment is September 14th with the midwives.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
legable
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think the nurse visit is probably a good idea for first timers, but I'm not lol! This new OB of mine doesn't want to see you at all until at least 9 weeks because of doing an u/s. As long as they let me have my VBAC, I don't care!
legable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by legable
I think the nurse visit is probably a good idea for first timers, but I'm not lol! This new OB of mine doesn't want to see you at all until at least 9 weeks because of doing an u/s. As long as they let me have my VBAC, I don't care!
Yea, you would think that it would just be only for 1st timers , but apparently it's every pregnancy for us. that's just what I want to deal with.... Listening to the same stuff over and over....

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

sept 7th, I'll be 8.5 weeks. Hoping for an U/S to see a healthy bean since we go on vacation to a family wedding the day after and we'd like to tell more people then. I'll be meeting with a Dr, but it is a Dr and midwife practice. Going to talk about the possibility of VBAC and all that "fun" stuff.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #18
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users

I saw my midwife and a medical assistant last week, to get a pregnancy confirmation for medicaid. I got my blood drawn and talked to her for a little bit, so nothing really important. I see her again on September 27th and I will be just over 11 weeks.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

I'm going to get the paperwork for my blood draw tomorrow, and they'll set up a first prenatal appointment once it's confirmed. I honestly don't know what'll happen then, as with DD I didn't have a GP at all, and was referred straight to an OB as soon as I found out I was pregnant at 9 weeks, and saw the OB at 11 or 12 weeks. From what I understand, here it's more the norm to see your GP until you're into your third trimester, and then get referred to your OB, as my best friend who had her twins at 28 weeks never met her OB, she was supposed to see him for the first time a week later.

Mind you this time I'm thinking of going with a midwife instead, so I'm really not sure how that goes. Going to get the blood draw first though.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #20
jdeemarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm a bit surprised at all the hoops so many of you have to jump through. My OB's office is very straightforward. I called and have my first appointment and ultrasound on Sept. 6th (I'll be 8+ weeks). They actually have a new policy where they see women starting at 6 weeks but I'm more comfortable waiting 2 extra weeks and knowing that we'll get to see my little bean's heartbeat.