Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #21
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: When is/was your first appointment?

I had an appointment today to get all my information, medical hisotry down and she also sent me in for blood work.. lets not forget i am terrified of needles! So as she sticks the needle into my arm, i see the first gush of blood that goes into the tube and automatically get sick and almost passed out!! I dont think theres ever been a time were i wasnt going to feel like i was going to pass out when i get my blood drawn..

But im glad i got to make my first prenatal appointment for next tuesday to see an obgyn and get an ultra sound!

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #22
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I'm going to get the paperwork for my blood draw tomorrow, and they'll set up a first prenatal appointment once it's confirmed. I honestly don't know what'll happen then, as with DD I didn't have a GP at all, and was referred straight to an OB as soon as I found out I was pregnant at 9 weeks, and saw the OB at 11 or 12 weeks. From what I understand, here it's more the norm to see your GP until you're into your third trimester, and then get referred to your OB, as my best friend who had her twins at 28 weeks never met her OB, she was supposed to see him for the first time a week later.

Mind you this time I'm thinking of going with a midwife instead, so I'm really not sure how that goes. Going to get the blood draw first though.
I've never heard of a blood draw for pregnancy before coming on this site and I just thought it was an American thing but you are Canadian...

I skipped my GP this time, what, he is going to tell me that I'm pregnant?! Yep, I know I am!! And I'm going on 2 HPT's that only gave me very faint lines, but I know I am, it's quite obvious. I have my first midwive app't on Sept 12, I'll be 10 weeks prego then. Not sure if I want the early u/s, it hasn't been proven that u/s have no effect on babies...only 30 years ago, they were doing x-rays on moms and decided that u/s were safer. Anyhow, I'm pretty chilled out about this pregnancy, probably because I have a wee one to care for 24/7!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
I've never heard of a blood draw for pregnancy before coming on this site and I just thought it was an American thing but you are Canadian...

I skipped my GP this time, what, he is going to tell me that I'm pregnant?! Yep, I know I am!! And I'm going on 2 HPT's that only gave me very faint lines, but I know I am, it's quite obvious. I have my first midwive app't on Sept 12, I'll be 10 weeks prego then. Not sure if I want the early u/s, it hasn't been proven that u/s have no effect on babies...only 30 years ago, they were doing x-rays on moms and decided that u/s were safer. Anyhow, I'm pretty chilled out about this pregnancy, probably because I have a wee one to care for 24/7!
I'm actually from ca as in california.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydoomizelaine View Post
I'm actually from ca as in california.
I think she was talking about me, since I was the one she quoted. I am Canadian.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #25
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
I think she was talking about me, since I was the one she quoted. I am Canadian.
Lmfaooooo tell me why I thought she quoted me? Ugh smart of me huh
I didn't even bother reading anything else except the first sentence lol
Old 08-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #26
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

First appointment with my GP is going to be Sept first. He didn't even wait until the blood draw came back, it's more just for his records and to get an idea of hormone levels.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
rahhlady
Registered Users
seller

My first appointment is 9/19.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #28
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I FINALLY got a call back from my doc..and that stupid nurse appt is next monday, then my first OB visit is the 13th of sept....i hate waiting that long..but hopefully it will be a good visit.

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #29
saeria
Registered Users

I have my follow up appointment on thursday. I believe I'll be about 6 weeks pregnant then. Sept. 1 will be the day I call a local midwife who does homebirths.

DS2 on the way! EDD April 21th!
saeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #30
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a confirmation of the pregnancy tomorrow at 3:15 with the nurse practitioner. Then I'll have a referral to an OB and all. I called a midwife in the area, but haven't heard back yet.