Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mirena questions

Barbara: sounds like you got lucky with your baby. I had two IRL friend who got pregnant with it in then miscarried after the removal.

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #12
greenMamaOwl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm glad you posted this.

I had the Mirena put in at the beginning of Feb., this year. My LO was born on January 19th.

For the past month-ish, I have felt a bit "off." I know the Mirena can do that to you, but I have had it in before, and this time it's different. I lost a little bit of weight shortly after having DS#2, and I have put it all back on within the past 4 weeks. I have also been feeling tired/sluggish, low sex drive, and have recently had an increase in appetite. I also have been TMI--- spotting brown for a few weeks on and off now! I know the Mirena could be very well to blame, but in the back of my mind, I just cant help but think there's a very small possibility that could be prego. Am I crazy??

Any advice or suggestions? (Sorry to thread-jack OP!)
greenMamaOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, you should test asap bc of the increased risk of ectopic
Old 08-27-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
DreamingTree
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for sharing ladies. I had mine in August 4, and have been spotting pretty much since then, have a decreased sex drive and also feel like I'm having a hard time adjusting to it in general. Does anyone feel like they can feel their ovaries, like feel the hormones going out near your hormones? Probably sounds wierd, but I feel something going on. I also felt low back pain this week, which makes me worry because that is what I get when I am prego. I also noticed I was less engorged since the Mirena, but DS still seems to be getting enough milk thankfully.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:05 AM   #15
gatorgal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I spotted for 8 MONTHS with the Mirena!! I took fenugreek for my milk as well-- but never associated the 2 until this very moment! I had the Paraguard for 4 years after my first son, and didnt have trouble spotting, but the lack of hormones made my PMS terrible! That's why I chose Mirena the next time, and after the spotting, it was great. Had to have it put in by U/S cause I have a tipped uterus-- and she didnt insert it into the correct place the first try! Now, i just had #3 4 weeks ago, and trying to decide what BC to use. Do I want spotting for 8 months, or no PMS?
gatorgal98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #16
amgermain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had spotting for several weeks after my Mirena was put in, but then no period at all for the entire time I had it in. I still PMS'd like a mad woman, but no bleeding, lol.

3.5 months is around when each of mine had a growth spurt and went from sleeping great to waking up frequently to eat again, so that's probably a coincidence
amgermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
laurenmichelle
Registered Users
seller

I spotted over 2 months after mine was inserted...annoying but my midwife said it's normal. no fun though!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #18
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I spotted the entire year I had mine in. Yuck. SO glad to have it out!
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote