Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
HMinshall
Registered Users
seller

carseats in a limo?

In October, my 4 yr old dd and I will be traveling in a limo for my sister's wedding. I just started thinking about the car seat issue. Can you use a car seat in a limo? Should I get a booster seat for her to use? Would that even work? (I don't know anything about boosters yet, my two kids are still in regular car seats).

Advertisement

HMinshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm pretty sure there are seat belts, just use your car seat.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: carseats in a limo?

We did and it can be a bit of a pain to get a good install on the puffy leather seats, but it can be done. You also can only use the back seat, not the one's on the sides or the one behind the driver. I might look into a booster for a 4 year old on a short limo ride, but you can get a carseat to work, with a little time and patience.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

No child safety seat can be used on a side facing seat. You also need to know that if there is an accident, even if your DD is properly restrained she is at risk of being injured by flying bodies of unrestrained passengers. This is why every rider should be buckled every ride, because everyone that is not buckled becomes a projectile and can injure or kill those that are properly restrained. If it were my child, we would be following in our car and skipping the limo ride altogether .
Old 08-22-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m
No child safety seat can be used on a side facing seat. You also need to know that if there is an accident, even if your DD is properly restrained she is at risk of being injured by flying bodies of unrestrained passengers. This is why every rider should be buckled every ride, because everyone that is not buckled becomes a projectile and can injure or kill those that are properly restrained. If it were my child, we would be following in our car and skipping the limo ride altogether .
I agree. But if you are going to, definitely only use forward facing vehicle seats. Not rear, and definitely NOT the side ones.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #6
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When DD was the flower girl for a couple weddings, we just drove separate in our car. She didn't know any different.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica-m View Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #8
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but the few times we've been in a limo with our kids, we did not use carseats.

I'm impressed you're even thinking that far! I sure didn't (funeral of a close family member).
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote