Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #11
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisapang
If they are handling straight milk once a day, then I would bet that the clingy, crabby behavior is just a coincidence.
I wonder this as well. They are making so many other changes right now (teething, just now crawling, sleep regressing) that I could certainly attribute the screaming to other things. I'm just so paranoid about moving away from EBM, but I just can't keep up anymore an my freezer stash is dwindling fast! Should I just keep adding it in, up it to 1.5 oz in a few days and see what happens?

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #12
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: If your baby reacted to cows milk, how and how soon?

My LO got progressively worse but we could tell once he went on formula (I had to supplement at daycare) but he did fine with my BM even though I consume some dairy. I don't drink milk either b/c I think it is gross. We went through the low lactose, then no lactose progression and then eventually to soy formula. Now he drinks soy or coconut or some other cow milk alternative and is 20 months old. My LO mainly gets horrible diarrhea from it. The poop will burn his skin upon impact too and leaves a sunburn-like rash on his bum.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
Hopetobe
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtwinmom

I wonder this as well. They are making so many other changes right now (teething, just now crawling, sleep regressing) that I could certainly attribute the screaming to other things. I'm just so paranoid about moving away from EBM, but I just can't keep up anymore an my freezer stash is dwindling fast! Should I just keep adding it in, up it to 1.5 oz in a few days and see what happens?
How old are they? You may want to discuss it with their dr. Usually, they don't recommend cow's milk til after 1 yr, especially in place of BM, because does not contain enough of the nutrients they need. If under 1 yr and you need to supplement, then they'd probably rec. adding formula instead of cow's milk.
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: If your baby reacted to cows milk, how and how soon?

My middle daughter is lactose intolerant. If she has milk on a regular basis, she is very irritable (tummy aches most likely) as well diarrhea.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:23 AM   #15
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopetobe

How old are they? You may want to discuss it with their dr. Usually, they don't recommend cow's milk til after 1 yr, especially in place of BM, because does not contain enough of the nutrients they need. If under 1 yr and you need to supplement, then they'd probably rec. adding formula instead of cow's milk.
They are 11 months, eating solids well, and not anemic. I have their pedi's blessing. My supply and freezer stash is dwindling and we saw no reason to start formula for one month. I will continue to pump some and will use up the six hundred or so ounces in the freezer so they will probably be 12 months or older by the time we get anywhere.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #16
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie
My LO got progressively worse but we could tell once he went on formula (I had to supplement at daycare) but he did fine with my BM even though I consume some dairy. I don't drink milk either b/c I think it is gross. We went through the low lactose, then no lactose progression and then eventually to soy formula. Now he drinks soy or coconut or some other cow milk alternative and is 20 months old. My LO mainly gets horrible diarrhea from it. The poop will burn his skin upon impact too and leaves a sunburn-like rash on his bum.
Same here. My DD was EBF to 15 months. We started giving her milk smoothies, and she loved them. Drank a few everyday. I started noticing a rash on her, and then it wasn't going away, even with diaper cream. Then it started to spread, down the legs, up the belly, down the arms, up her back, etc. We cut out all dairy and went to lactose free and she did great, then the stomach problems started with the sunburn like rash on her bum. So, we switched to soy. She just had another allergy panel done and it looks like she has other allergies, including soy, so we are switching to rice milk now.

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote