Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #1201
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2009 Two Year Olds!

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear that Mae. I have a friend that is living through that and is a little past the 6 month mark. It is just now really getting bad and dark for her. She has no children and very little from him so I think she fears forgetting him. It is awful. My prayers are with her.

Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1202
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Awww Mae, that's really awful! I'm sorry! I will pray for them!

Carolyn- your labor sounds great! Glad things were atleast smooth for you there! Waiting for pic of Avery too!!!!

I will have to post some pictures when I get on my computer!
Old 05-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #1203
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes! You need to get some pictures up!

I'll have to go find a picture of Averie and load it up, so it may be a few days until I get a round to it!
Old 05-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #1204
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Were u happy to have another girl? Is that the gender you would have chosen anyways?
Old 05-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #1205
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lexy, are you trying to talk Bob into one more hoping for a girl? I know if we get pregnant we will have another boy, but that is if we ever manage to get pregnant again.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #1206
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yep! I didn't really care too much whether it was a girl or boy, but I really preferred a girl just because of all the super cute clothes I had saved from when Averie was a baby. The girl clothes were just so much cuter than the boy clothes!

I originally wasn't even going to find out gender, but I was so sick and not excited about the pregnancy at all that I decided that I needed to know the gender so I could start getting things ready and buy something cute things. I really did feel so much better after I knew the gender, like I could actually start to prepare for the new baby. Before that I just felt like I was waiting for something. It was kind of weird.

But I'm so loving having another girl! Especially since she is so much smaller than Aiden was. I actually feel like a get a newborn this time around. And the clothes are so cute and the little pink, purple and flowery newborn diapers are so fun! I did go all out and buy a bunch of newborn AIOs and pockets since I knew this was going to be my last baby. I really want to enjoy this newborn time I have with her

I was a tiny bit sad that I will never have another boy, but Aiden is so difficult and exhausting right now that I couldn't imagine having another one like him. LOL! He is a sweet lovable little dude, but I don't think I could survive two of him! Also, if it was another boy, it would probably have been big like Aiden was. I honestly felt like I never had a newborn with Aiden. We always joke that he was born 3 months old. Both in size and in development. He never looked or acted like a newborn. So I'm super happy to have my little newbie!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #1207
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Tina- I really want a girl now. But more than that...I just want another child; regardless of gender. We aren't trying or preventing since I'm still BFing and I haven't ended up preg. Yet so I think that's why HE isn't preventing. I'm
Hoping it just happens before I wean or he decides it's getting too risky to just wing it. Which he is getting there and the dreadful
Condom talk just came up last week. I can't change his mind...do I'm still just praying it happens...and soon! But a girl will be awesome!!! Are y'all still trying?

Carolyn- Yea there is always so much stuff to chose from for a girl. Boys...not so much. I NEVER thought I would want to dress a girl up in pink frilly Girly crap....but I do now!!!!!! I dream about braiding hair and little pink dresses. Lol. How much did aiden weigh? Yea, I hear ya....boys are a handful!!! I would love to see the difference there Is in raising a girl. You are more Girly anyways so 2 girls fits you well did you get your tubes tied? Was your hubs stoked for another girl? Or does he even see the difference between raising aiden versus Averie?
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #1208
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aiden weighed 9 lbs, 1oz, when he was born, and was 20lbs, by the 3-4 months. He was just BIG!

Ha Ha! I don't consider myself girly! I was a super tomboy growing up, and still am not into all the "girly" type things. I do enjoy dressing up my little girls though. The little clothes are just so cute!

I didn't get my tubes tied as I don't want to deal with the possible side effects from that. DH is on board with getting a V, so we will most likely go that route. Otherwise, we will go back to condoms.

DH is so happy with his little girl. When we first found out we were having another girl, DH was a little sad that it wasn't another boy. But excited for another girl anyways. Now though, I think he is super happy that we had another girl, as Aiden is just getting crazier and more rambunctious everyday. And knowing our luck, we would end up with another boy just like him or worse! I do know that there are more calm boys, but I wouldn't be blessed with one of those! LOL! Aiden is such a handful, that when out and about, I have had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was having another boy or girl. When I said girl, they would all give a sigh of relief and say "oh, good!" Yeah, he is that much a handful I should add that he is not hard because he has some kind of developmental issues or anything, he is just a super stubborn, strong willed, rambunctious clown and likes to be funny and difficult all at the same time. And time outs and spankings are just jokes to him, so he is just much harder to parent than Averie.

So yeah, DH totally sees a HUGE difference between raising Averie vs Aiden! LOL!

Are your boys more calm? Do they actually listen to you when you ask them to stop doing things? Aiden just looks at you and gives this impish grin and continues doing what you asked him to stop. He them gets in trouble, but that sure doesn't deter him from doing it all again!

I bet having a yard for you kids to get outside and run around really helps. I feel bad that Aiden and Averie don't have a yard to just go out and run and play in. I think it plays a big part in why he is always into things.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #1209
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Aiden weighed 9 lbs, 1oz, when he was born, and was 20lbs, by the 3-4 months. He was just BIG!

Ha Ha! I don't consider myself girly! I was a super tomboy growing up, and still am not into all the "girly" type things. I do enjoy dressing up my little girls though. The little clothes are just so cute!

I didn't get my tubes tied as I don't want to deal with the possible side effects from that. DH is on board with getting a V, so we will most likely go that route. Otherwise, we will go back to condoms.

DH is so happy with his little girl. When we first found out we were having another girl, DH was a little sad that it wasn't another boy. But excited for another girl anyways. Now though, I think he is super happy that we had another girl, as Aiden is just getting crazier and more rambunctious everyday. And knowing our luck, we would end up with another boy just like him or worse! I do know that there are more calm boys, but I wouldn't be blessed with one of those! LOL! Aiden is such a handful, that when out and about, I have had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was having another boy or girl. When I said girl, they would all give a sigh of relief and say "oh, good!" Yeah, he is that much a handful I should add that he is not hard because he has some kind of developmental issues or anything, he is just a super stubborn, strong willed, rambunctious clown and likes to be funny and difficult all at the same time. And time outs and spankings are just jokes to him, so he is just much harder to parent than Averie.

So yeah, DH totally sees a HUGE difference between raising Averie vs Aiden! LOL!

Are your boys more calm? Do they actually listen to you when you ask them to stop doing things? Aiden just looks at you and gives this impish grin and continues doing what you asked him to stop. He them gets in trouble, but that sure doesn't deter him from doing it all again!

I bet having a yard for you kids to get outside and run around really helps. I feel bad that Aiden and Averie don't have a yard to just go out and run and play in. I think it plays a big part in why he is always into things.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #1210
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lol!!! He sounds like my Ethan! Except Ethan has some sensory issues and a lot of his energy comes from needing extra stimulation. He is up at the crack of dawn (like 5am) and on the counter pulling all the stamps off the sheet or squirting toothpaste all over the floor or tearing chili seasoning all over the living room carpet, ect. He is def. A handful and really hard spanking or time out or talks or taking toys away never affects him either. He is definitely wired tight. Sheldon I think will follow in his footsteps. Lol. At 12mo. He is wild. Climbs up on beds, stands up on rocking horse without holding onto anything and just laughs, runs his head into me in purpose...just pretty wild! As far as listening...Sheldon of course doesn't. Ethan does with a lot of guidance and punishment and the older two use to be the most obedient mannerly boys I knew...but with Ethan as their master they have now all ganged up against me. Elijah is still very helpful and obedient and I only have to tell him something once...but he also fights a lot with younger boys and is quite dramatic when he gets hurt. Isaak is suuuuuper lazy and talks about food constantly and drags his feet when ask to do anything with a lot of huffing and puffing. Big boy Aiden!!! Sheldon was 8'11...and is now only 20lbs. At 12mo. Lol. He is super short though...like 10 percentile so in pics. You would think he was a lot heavier. Elijah was 8'5 (1 wk. Early) and was a big hog as a baby like Aiden though! Isaak was 7'14 (3 wks. Early) and turned into a big hog too very quickly as a babe too! Little Ethan was 6'5 (4wks. Early) and was always so tiny and still is weighing 30lbs. At 2 3/4! I think Elijah is 44 1/2lbs. At 5 and 44 1/4pm tall and Isaak is Ummmm I can't remember. Lol but 50th for height and weight.