Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #141
ddcmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2009 Two Year Olds!

Advertisement

ddcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #142
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

So cute Mae! I LOVE that colorway! It looks so beautiful all knit up!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #143
bthane23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tina, Im so sorry about the job situation. I hope things look up for yall really soon.

Carolyn, what curriculum are you using?

Mae, that top is precious! I wish I could knit! Or had time to shop for wool and woolie things right now.

So, yesterday Samuel was sick. he threw up all morning and slept for 3 hours. But then he woke up fine. LOL! weird. Demo is going on at our house. its a M E S S. omg. Its still SUPER hot and dry here...makes for really sucky afternoons....working out in this heat is HORRIBLE. And we are doing the demo ourselves so... yeah...

My sister is due with her baby on the 15th, but she is in the early stages of labor right now. I think she will have him this week! YAY! I cant wait!

And me? Well Im finally normal again! Sam weaned himself last week. and BOOM my period came ON TIME this month! YAY! And now the fight to lose weight happens because I am SO ready to get pregnant again. I can barely stand it. But I really MUST lose 15lbs. But I cant get motivated. Im more frustrated because I eat well, I get lots of walking...I dont get to run like I want right now because of my allergies and the fact that I dont have a treadmill at the moment. So...now what? I have 6 months. 6 months until Im ready to TTC. I dont want to before that because I really want 6 "normal" cycles. I just think my body needs that. Im hoping it will help with the anxiety and other stresses I was having. So far, the return of AF seems to have lessened it greatly! Anyway, any advice? How can I lose this weight? OMG! lol. It just wont go! lol!!

I hope yall have a great labor day weekend! Sure wish we were in TN again! Without the virus!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #144
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Brandi - I bought A Beka Kindergarten for reading/phonics/writing. I'm really not impressed. I'm sure glad that I didn't wait until next year to get it when Averie actually starts kindergarten.

She is doing Funnix math, so I went and bought Funnix reading, but it teaches in such a different way that I think it will just confuse her (I guess it is the Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons method). Otherwise, I've got an old Victory Drill Book, some Bob Books, and she loves reading the books on progressivephonics.com. I'm sure she will master reading this year, but I wish I had a curriculum that I really liked and just used that instead of trying tons of different kinds!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #145
ddcmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are taking the kids to Gilroy Gardens. It's a theme park wth lots garden areas. so pretty there.

Later
ddcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #146
bthane23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carolyn, maybe just use a literature approach this year. Try Amblesideonline.com. Go to year 0 and just read all of those books. Some are read alouds but some are stuff she can read herself. I dont use any kind of curriculum for this age. I dont use any grammar curriculum at all until grade 2. But reading...just read! That is all that matters right now!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #147
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brandi- I wish we were all together again too (except more of us).

Afm: I have so much early labor stuff going on, but no labor. I'm losing all patience, and that makes me even more upset! Trying to get into a different frame of mind. Focus on things to do everyday instead of waiting.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #148
bthane23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hadley, my sister is the same way right now! She is having very regular (but short lasting) contractions if she stays walking. But if she sits down they slow down. She has had some bloody show and mucus passing...but yesterday they checked her and she is just barely a 2. She is so miserable and the early labor that isnt progressing is driving her insane! Its driving me insane too! HAHAHA!!! Im ready to hold him!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #149
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brandi- that's me to a tee. If I'm up moving all day, I continue to have contractions, but if I sit down, they fade out. I feel her grinding her little head around SO LOW, but not sure that it's low enough she's engaging. I was 2-3 cm on Monday, but I don't know if I'm thinned at all. It was so different when I could just lay down and nap all day, but with a toddler the contractions get annoying and tiresome...so I wish they were doing something.

However...since I posted earlier, Em and I have played puzzles, played in the floor (as best as I could), and eaten popsicles. I cleaned out the spics cabinet, combined things, threw bottles of a few things I will NEVER use away. I went through the memory box I made for Em when he was born and threw away cards that didn't have personal messages...which made room for his hossy blanket and hat. And...I think that's about it. We only killed about an hour and 45 min, but hey...that's something, right?! Just stay busy (even if it's just watching him play) is going to be my motto.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #150
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Brandi, I agree! I wish we were all together too! We'd have a few extras tag along this time.. Glad to hear that your finally feeling back to normal!

Hadley, I can't wait to see your little girl, and patience! I know its really hard, but she'll come when she's ready..just like your FB post said earlier.. It almost seems like I'm telling you what everyone was telling me 2 years ago

Mae, beautiful colorway!

AFM - Went yard saleing this morning. Madilyn is still sick too. She still has a fever and all, but no throwing up like yesterday...thank goodness. Still hardly any appetite though too..I feel bad. And now I just feel fat...

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote