Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #741
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2009 Two Year Olds!

Tina- I think that's the same issue we have. Wes is more strict so I get irritated b/c he's fussing at Em for something that I think we should just ignore. For instance, Em has started saying, "No, I won't." He will do whatever it is anyway, but he's just learning how and when that phrase applies. While I'm not going to let my child tell me that he won't do something, Wes gets all up in arms about it. I think if we make a big deal about it, he'll probably say it more. If we just have him do whatever it is anyway and ignore what he said, he'll get over it. I guess Daddy's are just tougher on their boys than mamas are. Wonder what that means for girls?!

AFM: Em has been regressing with PTing, so we started a chart. He gets a sticker when he goes to potty and an X if he has an accident. If he only gets stickers, then he gets a treat after supper. We let him pick out his treat at the store tonight. So...he picked out popsicles at the store...and we had NO accidents today!!

Advertisement

Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #742
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy
Tina- I think that's the same issue we have. Wes is more strict so I get irritated b/c he's fussing at Em for something that I think we should just ignore. For instance, Em has started saying, "No, I won't." He will do whatever it is anyway, but he's just learning how and when that phrase applies. While I'm not going to let my child tell me that he won't do something, Wes gets all up in arms about it. I think if we make a big deal about it, he'll probably say it more. If we just have him do whatever it is anyway and ignore what he said, he'll get over it. I guess Daddy's are just tougher on their boys than mamas are. Wonder what that means for girls?!

AFM: Em has been regressing with PTing, so we started a chart. He gets a sticker when he goes to potty and an X if he has an accident. If he only gets stickers, then he gets a treat after supper. We let him pick out his treat at the store tonight. So...he picked out popsicles at the store...and we had NO accidents today!!
Dh is the same way with t. I really could care less if t climbs the couch but daddy can't stand it so t gets a time out every time he does it and it sucks cause I'm the one always doing the time out.

PL is still going good here. . 2 accidents yesterday but that is cause he is still learning how long he can hold it.

Like easy cash why not give Jingit a try.
susie190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #743
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Karisha, at our house if you are the one to get him in trouble you are the one to give the time out. That has helped me tremendously because I no longer am punishing the boys for things I don't think are an issue.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #744
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba View Post
Karisha, at our house if you are the one to get him in trouble you are the one to give the time out. That has helped me tremendously because I no longer am punishing the boys for things I don't think are an issue.
This is exactly how we do it. I don't think could punish him for something that I don't think matters. Also at our house, if you are the one to give time out, you are the one to get him out, explain why he was in time out, and give hugs and kisses. That keeps if from seeming like one of us is the bad guy and one is the good one.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Old 10-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #745
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeshkasheeba
Yeah I'm just home the most so I have to enforce the rules that we agreed apon. I just don't think this one is nessasary. But I enforce it to keep confusion down for t. It would suck to have different rules when daddy is home then when he's not.

Last edited by susie190; 10-15-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #746
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie190 View Post
Yeah I'm just home the most so I have to enforce the rules that we agreed apon. I just don't think this one is nessasary. But I enforce it to keep confusion down for t. It would suck to have different rules when daddy is home then when he's not.
So true. I just tell dh he's not in trouble for whatever it is. I guess I'm lucky to get away with that!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #747
susie190
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy

So true. I just tell dh he's not in trouble for whatever it is. I guess I'm lucky to get away with that!
Yeah I can't get away with that. Especially with this couch climbing one. LOL He throws the "I'm worried about his safety" line at me.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #748
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Litlle Miss decided to be awake from 1am until 4:30 am. Not fussing or crying, but awake...just enough that I couldn't sleep.

We took Em to the park today. Beautiful weather!!

I need to start meal planning. I find myself thinking at 4:00 each day..."what are we going to do about supper?" if I dont get it figured out, we'll starve when I go back to work!
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #749
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi everyone. Just jumping on real quick. Life has still been super crazy over here. We had to take AIden in to the doctor's yesterday because he has had a cough for over 2 weeks that just started to get worse and he spiked a fever. When he got up from his nap right before we were getting in the car, I took his temp and it was 104.5! Poor kid! His oxygen levels were low, and they said if they were just a little bit lower he would have to be in the hospital. The doctor then listened to his lungs and said she heard stuff in there so we could either get his chest x-rayed or just start antibiotics. We went with the x-ray, and it ends up that he didn't have pneumonia like they thought, so no need for antibiotics. That was a super expensive trip to the doctor's. And all we got told was just go home and wait and see how it goes!

He sounded awful last night and spiked a fever again. DH thought he threw up in the middle of the night (Aiden just started screaming). I don't think he threw up as it was just a wet spot(maybe drool?). Not sure what scared him, but he didn't want to go back to his bed and just wanted to sleep on the bathroom floor. So we let him. His cough sounds better today - productive, not scary sounding and his fever is much lower. I just pray that once he is over this we can get a break from sickness in this house! I still feel so sick all the time that it is really hard to deal with.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #750
ddcmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hadley- Freeze some casseroles.

Carolyn- Hugs!!! Hope you all feel better!!

We took the kids to a NASA museum. They had fun!!
DH and I are doing better. It wasn't him that I needed a break from....he agreed to let me have more kid-free time. Woot!!
ddcmommy is offline   Reply With Quote