Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #21
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat 8/22-8/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf View Post
Anyone else have a recent miscarriage and as such, worried like crazy?
I just had a miscarriage in June. It was a late 1st trimester loss. I was due the beginning on December. I am a nervous wreck to be honest. I don't think I'll be able to relax until I have a healthy beautiful baby in my arms.

Advertisement

Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #22
VWgurl619
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm a complete nervous wreck for that reason too. I had two this year so far in Jan and may. I'm ready for a sticky baby. Let's hope we all get sticky babies

https://www.facebook.com/MickeyWorldTravelSaraRobinson
VWgurl619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #23
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

ugh, I am a massage therapist and am having the hardest time lately getting through them. These next couple of weeks are going to be tough.

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've recently developed a super nose. I thought pasta would be good for lunch, but I couldn't handle the smell of the pasta sauce when I opened the jar. It hadn't gone bad yet either. I ended up just using a small amount of salsa on top, I could handle the smell of that.

With my son I had a really crazy appetite, this time around not so much. If anything I have more aversions. It's weird.

Hoping everyone has sticky babies!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #25
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a miscarriage on my birthday - all the tests turned negative that day, then I had to wait awhile to bleed.

Then the month after my husband was gone so no BFP then.

This month I thought there was no way I was pregnant and yet here I am, lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #26
Mrsike
Registered Users

Moonlight, im just curious if youre taking your prenatal in morn? They tend to wreck havoc on your tummy as well, if you are take them before bed. If youre doing that, then disregard. lol
Havent had much of anything, i do get light headed when i get up from bed tho.

As for the m/c question, Ive had 5 total, first one was tough, then each subsequent ones ive taken in stride. Lost a twin in my last pregnancy as well. I guess for fertilitly treatments its not uncommon to bleed, as ive bled in every single one from light to heavy like a period. Ive had nothing so far with this one, but i do say m/c is always in the back of my mind, and i check my TP every time i go to the bathroom.
Mrsike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #27
Mrsike
Registered Users

oh and same as Blueone, ive developed a heightened sense of smell, and a more of a reaction to foods from that heightended sense of smell (does that make sense...lol)
Mrsike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #28
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am feeling so great in the nausea department, this is weird!! I get a little sick feeling if I overeat or eat sugar but then I just take tums or some candied ginger and I feel fine for the most part. Usually only in the evening. Makes me think it's a girl. But my sister had four kids and each pregnancy was different and they had 3 girls and then a boy. Her third girl was the worst for m/s and she was nauseated 24/7 for the whole pregnancy!

On a another note, my boy finally cut his second tooth after a couple of days of pain! Poor little guy!! Hopefully his appetite gets better! We are going for a weight-in to the health clinic tomorrow and I want to see big numbers!! Hoping for a 17 pounder!!
Old 08-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #29
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The nausea has been slowly building for me. It's mostly in the evenings and it seems to be the worse when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee. It's all at can do at that time not to throw up. I'm a little off first thing but that clears up pretty quickly after I eat something and I'm able to keep it at bay during the day by snacking (which I honestly hate doing because it makes me feel icky as well just not in a pukey way.

I'm trying really hard to get excited about this pregnancy. After my loss in June I'm just finding it hard to bond with the baby growing inside me. I decided to start looking at my favorite baby development page again to help me visualize my bean. I'm 5w+ 2 days today.

http://www.ehd.org/dev_article_unit6.php
Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dornmama View Post
The nausea has been slowly building for me. It's mostly in the evenings and it seems to be the worse when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee. It's all at can do at that time not to throw up. I'm a little off first thing but that clears up pretty quickly after I eat something and I'm able to keep it at bay during the day by snacking (which I honestly hate doing because it makes me feel icky as well just not in a pukey way.

I'm trying really hard to get excited about this pregnancy. After my loss in June I'm just finding it hard to bond with the baby growing inside me. I decided to start looking at my favorite baby development page again to help me visualize my bean. I'm 5w+ 2 days today.

http://www.ehd.org/dev_article_unit6.php

Oh my gosh, I love this site!! Thank you so much for sharing! So fascinating! New life really IS such a miracle!!
Think of your loss as that something went wrong with the development and the things that were supposed to develop, didn't. I know that I would rather have a m/c than have a child that wasn't healthy or quite right. Although I know better than anyone through working previously as a caregiver for disabled adults, that those with disabilities can bring the greatest joy to the lives of those around them. I hope this helps.