Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Daily chat Aug 24

I also say a swing, my kids all loved the swing.

Advertisement

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd say it's a tie between a swing and a bouncer. I found one online that's both a swing and a bouncer, it's expensive at $139 though but I'm thinking it might be worth it to save space....

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im jelous all you mamas that were able to use the swing. DD hated that and the bouncer. . Did not like to be sitting still at all. She wanted me to carry her in the sling all the time. Somedays I didnt get a shower at all or breakfast til DD went down for her morning nap at 10!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #14
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is for an older baby/infant, but those mesh fresh food thingies. Sounds silly, but both boys loved food through that rather than baby food. Plus, I think it just felt good on teething gums.
Z loved the bouncer, N not so much. He was either in the Sleepy Wrap or the portable swing DH got. I guess we'll see what this one likes.

Had my appointment with the new OB today. They were getting a little PO'd at the previous OB for only sending half of my records, and I don't blame them! They did a CBC draw. She said results would be in within an hour or so, but she'd be able to get them to me by the end of the week since I'm not on their online system yet to check the results myself (it'll be by next week before that). She put in an order to get me in quickly for an US since I'll be 22 weeks on Monday, and they scheduled a backup on US the 9th in case they can't get me in. She's hoping they can get an accurate due date then too since the last MW switched it. She said if it's not outside of 2 weeks from the initial due date, then they're not going to change it. I also have a high risk OB referral which makes me a little nervous. They didn't mention anything of it; I found out by looking at my discharge sheet.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #15
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mrscompgeek I understand my 2nd was like that it was very difficult all babies are different and so are their personalities, this one may be very laid back you just never know.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter View Post
Mrscompgeek I understand my 2nd was like that it was very difficult all babies are different and so are their personalities, this one may be very laid back you just never know.
well this baby is super active already in my tummy. The ultrasound tech even made a comment that she has never seen a baby move so much!
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM   #17
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

we still have our swing from yds. Its basically the only thing we saved bc it was expensive.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #18
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I'd have to say Moby wrap as ds was *only* happy when being held or worn the first 4 months of his life. He never did like the swing much and only tolerated the bouncer.

Oh. . .and yes, it was me who had the u/s this morning!

I will make a separate thread/post I think, but everything looked good. It was a bit anti-climactic though, b/c the tech was totally non-commital about gender! She *thinks* it's a girl b/c she could find anything sticking out, but baby wasn't in the mood for a good bum shot and maybe this tech just doesn't like to say for sure? I don't know, b/c with ds it was totally obvious.

But anyway, we're thinking GIRL! It's what we were hoping for, but now I feel almost unable to get totally excited about it--in case they were wrong. Maybe we'll get another peek at some point to be more sure of gender. . .
Old 08-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #19
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by kismetbaby; 08-24-2011 at 03:34 PM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #20
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegirl75 View Post
I'd say it's a tie between a swing and a bouncer. I found one online that's both a swing and a bouncer, it's expensive at $139 though but I'm thinking it might be worth it to save space....

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Ohhhh I've been looking for one that has both in one- can you post a link??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Oh. . .and yes, it was me who had the u/s this morning!

I will make a separate thread/post I think, but everything looked good. It was a bit anti-climactic though, b/c the tech was totally non-commital about gender! She *thinks* it's a girl b/c she could find anything sticking out, but baby wasn't in the mood for a good bum shot and maybe this tech just doesn't like to say for sure? I don't know, b/c with ds it was totally obvious. But anyway, we're thinking GIRL! It's what we were hoping for, but now I feel kind of, unable to get totally excited about it. Maybe we'll get another peek at some point to be more sure of gender. . .
for girl! We need more girls on this ddc LOL! Seems like 80% are boys so far- maybe we need a list someplace LOL!! Congrats!

oh and I was thinking too- we can not LIVE without swadling blankets! Must have for kiddos. I'm kinda glad this is a winter baby- I love the fall/winter clothes so much more than summer stuff I was itching to look at all my wool from last baby and a couple I just got cheap on ds... pulled them all out and took pics I'll post after church or tmw. When I look at them I think wow- there's not nearly as many as I thought Some that I thought were nb/sm are more like 3-6 month size :groan..... And I only have 23 diapers in small- hmmmm... maybe I'll convince dh to let me get more lol!

Off to church