Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
ilovecookie
Registered Users
seller

For those on not on their first one...

Anything you are really doing/ buying for this baby? Since you probably have most of your gear & clothing, anything you are planning?

All I have to do is move my four year old into a new room and paint him a new wall mural. Then, we go into construction mode and split a monster size suite into a nursery and office. Then, paint those rooms and create a new mural for the third baby coming!

My gift to each baby is a custom wall mural I paint in each of their rooms. It is a huge production but I love it.... And they do too I hope!

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 PM   #2
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those on not on their first one...

that is so cool that you paint the murals, I am sure they will love them!

We need a new swing (old one broke) and a new bucket seat (old one expired). Clothing wise we are set. I will be knitting some longies etc... once I get Leah's fall stash done. I also need a few more nb diapers ( I sold the ones I didn't like from Leah), but really that is about it.

as for rooms baby will be moving into the nursery with Leah for the short term (baby will be with us at the first few months anyway). We will probably wait on a major room move, until we see what the gender of the baby is ( when born, we are team green). We are sort of in the midst of deciding between moving or not, in the next year so...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
cutebluebaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the mural idea! I wish we weren't renting so I could actually paint a nursery... or a room for that matter. I can only stare at ugly paint colors & carpet for so long.

Not much I'm planning on here other than finalizing a stash. One thing I do need to do is reclaim my pack & play from MIL. And if it's a girl, there's a definite wardrobe overhaul, but that's about it. Everything else we've either still had, realized we didn't need, or spanned their purchases out so it wasn't all at once in the winter when DH will most likely be on unemployment again.

Crib is already put together. We bought it last year after our old one broke in the hopes N would sleep in it. Even converted it to a toddler bed. He wanted nothing to do with it, and slept on the futon instead. DH just recently got rid of the futon, and got N's twin bed set up (Z and N have matching beds that were DH's and BIL's old twin bed sets that MIL kept. They can become a bunk bed set eventually). We converted the crib back to a crib to keep N from climbing and bouncing all over it... he took a liking to this quickly after he got his new bed... Z showed him how to jump on the bed.

Fabrics : Fitteds : Inserts : Boy Clothes : Girl Clothes
cutebluebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:47 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I need a lot, I lent out all my baby stuff and didn't get anything back. I should get my swing back but other than that I have nothing aside from a crib and stroller.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #6
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think all I want to get is a swing. We have a bouncer, but I want something that will rock if I need to take a shower or something. The vibration mode on the bouncer never cuts it with my kids lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We need a swing (didnt ever get one for dd2 because dd1 hated it. Gonna try it again for this baby), a bouncer (we have the infant to toddler rocker thing but I want a bouncer too), we *may* have to get a different infant carseat if we cant get this one to work in our new car , and if it's a boy we are going to need clothes!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Oh yeah if we have a boy we'll need clothes. I'm not holding my breath though lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

If it's a boy, we need clothes. If it's a girl, we will still need a few things because her nb clothes are summer clothes.

Baby will stay in our room for the first few months. At that point we will decide if we will move dd to a toddler bed or buy baby another crib. We have a toddler bed, so we will only need a new crib mattress.

Have all the gear...DD needs a new carseat...she is being evicted from her infant seat! Need to check the swing and make sure it works, we have gone through 3!

Want to get this baby some wool, but have all the diapers. May dye some diapers. Want to get a carseat cover for baby. That's about it!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mural- ooooo I hope you take pictures!

We need- swing (old one broke), car seat, bouncer, clothes (all sold), Maybe a few more diapers I want to do something special but don't know what yet.... hopefully it'll come to me soon