Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sharing my u/s from today too! :)

So, looks like we are having a GIRL!

Although I must say, the whole thing was pretty anti-climatic. . .baby didn't ever give us a good bum shot and the tech was really shy about giving us a firm answer. So she said that based on not really seeing anything hanging out she *thinks* it's a girl. Hmmmmm. So, I don't know whether to just assume it is a girl or to remain more on team green status. Everything else was that way too. . .different place for us than last time and here they don't have the Dr right there to confirm the tech's pics, instead I have to wait a "few days" for the Dr. to look at everything and make a report. And the tech wasn't very chatty. All she would say is that things looked "normal" to her and she kept emphasizing that she wasn't a Dr and we had to wait for the official results (which do not, however, include gender). Grrrrr.

So, not exactly what I'd hoped for, but basically all good news. And here is our cute little baby!

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sharing my u/s from today too! :)

Sorry the tech wasn't more sure of the gender! What a bummer! Either way, your little one looks completely ADORABLE in the u/s pic! I love how clear the profile is, I was hoping for something like that today at my u/s, but no luck, baby wouldn't take the thumb out of his/her mouth/face, lol!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love your u/s pic, baby looks great!!! Sorry about the tech, I think they should make them go through classes on how to act because some are real downers.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #4
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww. Great pic. Honestly i would go with team green if the tech couldnt tell. But i sure would pay for an out of pocket gender scan to know!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Where we go it is like that too. They will try to tell you the gender, but they will not tell you another thing! Nothing at all! You have to wait about a week for a doctor to go over it and then send the report to the midwife then for the midwife to call. Frustrating...

Super cute profile pic though!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #6
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awwww. Great US!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas! Nice to even see some "old" friends from ttc-land!

DH is convinced it's a girl and he had a much better view of the u/s screen during the whole thing. . .he said they passed by the bum area a few times and he never saw any dangly bits. But my homebirth MW has just purchased and gotten certified with a u/s machine. . .not sure if she'd use it (or what she'd charge) just to confirm gender, but I'll ask her about it.

I'm comfortable staying open to either gender, but I just don't want to get all attached to the idea of a girl and then get a shock. And I just looked through ds newborn clothes and there are only a handful of things that are gender neutral (lots of blue and things that say "handsome", lol). . .not that a nb baby cares what it's wearing, but hey, I'd love to go wild and buy some super cute pink things! And I'm getting custom longies knit soon and I specifically wanted to wait and know gender so I could pick some really beautiful, girly yarn!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

the same thing happened to me with dd1, and she did infact end up being a girl (duh, lol). so there's a chance. i got a really good look at this lo's bum area during my u/s at 14 weeks, so i have a hunch this may be a girl, too. of course 14 weeks is pretty early, but still. if we can't find out the gender at our u/s, i'm totally paying for a gender scan. they're 75 dollars at our local place, which would be totally worth it to me because i'm such a control freak, lol.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #9
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Very cute pic! And ugh about the tech! That is exactly what happened last pregnancy, the tech said I think it's a girl but there's no way to tell for sure. so frustrating when you just want a definite answer!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #10
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gorgeous shot!