Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby
A couple of local places are my favorite, there is a great little Thai place near us as well as a nice Mexican, but I do have a weakness for Chipotle. And since ds loves it too, we go for lunch about once a week. . .although I almost ruined it for myself during the first tri, for awhile just the thought of their food made me wanna hurl.

Beth--Hey, I grew up in Abq. . .did I mention that before? Ahh, I could go for some El Patio or Flying Star food right about now! I miss my NM food! And YAY on the potty training! I keep hoping ds will be ready soon, but so far it's not happening.
Mmm, I love Flying Star! Haven't been to el patio, my DH doesn't care for new Mexican food very much so I have to beg to get chile rellenos, lol. Ironically, my favorite restaurant here is Thai Orchid - yum!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #12
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat Aug 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegirl75 View Post
Mmm, I love Flying Star! Haven't been to el patio, my DH doesn't care for new Mexican food very much so I have to beg to get chile rellenos, lol. Ironically, my favorite restaurant here is Thai Orchid - yum!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Oh, you have to go to El Patio sometime, they have awesome chile rellenos, although they have pretty hot chile there, so you have to be prepared! Have you been to Siam Cafe? On San Mateo. . .that is some good Thai food!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #13
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ummm DH would die- he LOVES chili rellenos and misses Albq too- he lived in Socorro NM while in college (1 year). I miss miss missssss Rosa's Cafe in TX. What I wouldn't do for a smothered burrito right now. Best Mexican food ever... and Diego's burritos. For nationwide- Johnny Carrinos. Too bad we never eat out like that- too pricey

Anyone else having headaches?? Headaches always worry the heck out of me since I'd get them super bad when I MC but I know I'm way past MC stage.... still I must be dehydrated cause the water here is tasting funky lately. I'm going to wally now to see if I can buy a filter bottle

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 08-25-2011 at 09:35 AM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I love this chinese place called Sunrise Kitchen, they make the best chinese food around. I told dh to go grab us lunch from there today, they don't open until 11am so 2 more hours to go..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Ummm DH would die- he LOVES chili rellenos and misses Albq too- he lived in Socorro NM while in college (1 year). I miss miss missssss Rosa's Cafe in TX. What I wouldn't do for a smothered burrito right now. Best Mexican food ever... and Diego's burritos. For nationwide- Johnny Carrinos. Too bad we never eat out like that- too pricey

Anyone else having headaches?? Headaches always worry the heck out of me since I'd get them super bad when I MC but I know I'm way past MC stage.... still I must be dehydrated cause the water here is tasting funky lately. I'm going to wally now to see if I can buy a filter bottle
They are really easy to make. I used to make them all the time, people use different chili I prefer to use the long green aneheim from here (california), my aunt and many restaurants use pasillas which is poblano peppers those are spicier. my mil uses green bell pepper, first time I tried her way was years ago, they were pretty good but no spice at all.

As for your headaches, make sure you are drinking a lot, i drink cold water, or cold iced tea and make sure you eat frequently. Hope you feel better quickly.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
They are really easy to make. I used to make them all the time, people use different chili I prefer to use the long green aneheim from here (california), my aunt and many restaurants use pasillas which is poblano peppers those are spicier. my mil uses green bell pepper, first time I tried her way was years ago, they were pretty good but no spice at all.

As for your headaches, make sure you are drinking a lot, i drink cold water, or cold iced tea and make sure you eat frequently. Hope you feel better quickly.

True they are easy to make, the problem is if you have lived in NM, then no other chile will do. . .gotta be a Hatch green chile! I like the rellenos around here (NorCal) but they are made with poblano peppers and it's just not the same. At all! And it's super hard to get real green chile outside of NM. sigh. I'm thinking of getting some sent to me on dry ice this year. . .I know, it's a weird addiction.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post

Headaches here too. . .Im TERRIBLE at drinking water though. I just dont think about doing it.
Chiropractor helps me too. I go about once a month and it helps.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #18
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmmm I love a local mexican place Las Margaritas and since this baby makes my cravings spicy, we have been there a few times. I just wish i could have a margarita too , yum!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Really? I have to pick one??? We like to go to chilis a lot. Mexican I love Abuelos. Chinese schezuhans. I could go on and on. I love food.

Carting my mil around again today. We were gone from 10 am -7 pm yesterday moving my nephew into the dorms. I am still so tired from running around. Working tonight and tomorrow. Bleh
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah mommy
DH and I are both really sensitive to MSG and other preservatives so we can not eat out most places without getting sick. One place that is fantastic and uses only fresh ingredients is Morton's Steak House. It is SO expensive though we have only been there once (when DH proposed).

My allergies are still driving me crazy! Grrr!
Some friends took us to mortons in houston before he deployed. Omg soooooooo good!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote