Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #21
Cristin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Daily Chat Aug 25th

We prefer not to eat at chains and there are a ton of great local restaurants in our town. My favorite has always been a Chinese restaurant called Peking. I've never had Mongolian Beef or Sesame Chicken anywhere else that even compares to theirs.

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #22
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox

They are really easy to make. I used to make them all the time, people use different chili I prefer to use the long green aneheim from here (california), my aunt and many restaurants use pasillas which is poblano peppers those are spicier. my mil uses green bell pepper, first time I tried her way was years ago, they were pretty good but no spice at all.

As for your headaches, make sure you are drinking a lot, i drink cold water, or cold iced tea and make sure you eat frequently. Hope you feel better quickly.
Do you have a recipe? It's hatch chili season here now, and I'd love to make some chile rellenos to freeze for later.

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 08-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #23
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby

True they are easy to make, the problem is if you have lived in NM, then no other chile will do. . .gotta be a Hatch green chile! I like the rellenos around here (NorCal) but they are made with poblano peppers and it's just not the same. At all! And it's super hard to get real green chile outside of NM. sigh. I'm thinking of getting some sent to me on dry ice this year. . .I know, it's a weird addiction.
You know it's season now, right? I'm gonna get some, but I don't want to buy a 30lb bag, and that's all I can seem to find.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #24
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes share recipe I made them only once- long ago when we first got married and it was horrid the outside of the pepper was not soft. Think dh like anehain but need to ask.

Mrscomp- I love our chiro too too bad I don't have $41 right now. Can't wait till payday! My back is pinched and my right leg is killing me (old work injury).
Old 08-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #25
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmm- I don't have a favorite _DH will eat the same stuff from the same place over and over. . .I only had Isaac with me this evening so we went to dinner after he got his hair cut. I wanted fajitas but I ordered a steak- same price, but it was overcooked Don't know I haven't learned that when I'm pg I'm not going to be happy with anything other than what I've wanted all day.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #26
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
I love red lobster and olive garden but we dont go often because we are trying to cut down on eating out. . .Fast food wise we have almost completely cut out but I do like the occasional McDonalds. .
Yum love these too!!! Only go w/coupons now as we are trying to save too
Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #27
flmamao2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
A couple of local places are my favorite, there is a great little Thai place near us as well as a nice Mexican, but I do have a weakness for Chipotle. And since ds loves it too, we go for lunch about once a week. . .although I almost ruined it for myself during the first tri, for awhile just the thought of their food made me wanna hurl.

Beth--Hey, I grew up in Abq. . .did I mention that before? Ahh, I could go for some El Patio or Flying Star food right about now! I miss my NM food! And YAY on the potty training! I keep hoping ds will be ready soon, but so far it's not happening.
YUMMMM Chipotle!
Old 08-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #28
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_c_odonnell View Post
Yes share recipe I made them only once- long ago when we first got married and it was horrid the outside of the pepper was not soft. Think dh like anehain but need to ask.

Mrscomp- I love our chiro too too bad I don't have $41 right now. Can't wait till payday! My back is pinched and my right leg is killing me (old work injury).
I hear ya. We had amazing insurance where our copay at the chiro was $11 a visit. . . . . then hubs switched jobs (technically he just switched who pays his checks, still does the same thing in the same office) but with the new payroll came new insurance and it jumped to $30 a visit. . THEN they switched our insurance AGAIN this month and now its $35 a visit
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #29
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We don't have chiro coverage so I pay $40 each visit. Sooo worth it though and I work it into the budget now. I wish I had gone before I got pg!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #30
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegirl75 View Post
Do you have a recipe? It's hatch chili season here now, and I'd love to make some chile rellenos to freeze for later.

I have a comal it is used to heat tortilla's you can use a reg cooking pan I think but not too sure as the metal is different.
I toast the chili on each side until the skin blisters, then put them in a plastic bag like the ones you get from the grocery store to put veggies in and cover the closed bag with a lid to "steam" them. The heat helps the skin peel off easily.
I shred cheese, I like to use monterey cheese.
After about 10 or so minutes, I peel the skin off each pepper and rinse out all the seed pods, I do not like them. I also take out the main thing in the middle of the inside chili that holds the pods.

I found this on youtube she is using a reg cast iron pan so you can too. She explains how to do the egg whipping which is what you will dip your rellenos in before putting them into the hot oil.
Follow hr steps, this is what I do except I use anaheim chili and shred my cheese and remove the seeds. Mmmmm, I want some now.
http://youtu.be/SXAQMzZbWO8
second part~
http://youtu.be/JnruY2Rg8Fw

It is very easy, I always make spanish rice and refried beans for the sides, I can give a recipe for them too if anyone wants.
top the beans with mexican cheese called queso fresco, it is so delicious!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote