Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #31
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox

I have a comal it is used to heat tortilla's you can use a reg cooking pan I think but not too sure as the metal is different.
I toast the chili on each side until the skin blisters, then put them in a plastic bag like the ones you get from the grocery store to put veggies in and cover the closed bag with a lid to "steam" them. The heat helps the skin peel off easily.
I shred cheese, I like to use monterey cheese.
After about 10 or so minutes, I peel the skin off each pepper and rinse out all the seed pods, I do not like them. I also take out the main thing in the middle of the inside chili that holds the pods.

I found this on youtube she is using a reg cast iron pan so you can too. She explains how to do the egg whipping which is what you will dip your rellenos in before putting them into the hot oil.
Follow hr steps, this is what I do except I use anaheim chili and shred my cheese and remove the seeds. Mmmmm, I want some now.
http://youtu.be/SXAQMzZbWO8
second part~
http://youtu.be/JnruY2Rg8Fw

It is very easy, I always make spanish rice and refried beans for the sides, I can give a recipe for them too if anyone wants.
top the beans with mexican cheese called queso fresco, it is so delicious!
Thanks! I'm definitely gonna try this!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own

Advertisement