Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Powder vs liquid

Why is powder preferred over liquid?

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bump
Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #3
leaves
Registered Users

Re: Powder vs liquid

I've heard it's because liquid detergents have added ingredients to make them liquid. Powder is more natural?
leaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
LadyofReason
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've heard that powder rinses out better than liquid.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 AM   #5
kaimon
Registered Users
seller

Well I personally prefer powder because I can set up my machine with the prewash setting and have powder detergent in the main wash compartment until the machine needs it. Liquid falls into the machine automatically so in order for there to be detergent in the main wash I have to catch the machine after the prewash and add it.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 AM   #6
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Liquid deteregents tend to have softeners in them which eventually cause buildup in the seals of your washer and in places you cannot get to and clean...... ask anyone who works on washing machines for a living and they'll tell you powder is best for this reason. So if liquid detergent can do this to your washer, think about the buildup it could potentially cause in your diapers.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #7
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use liquid because I couldn't find Cheer F&C in powder. I haven't had any issues so far and it works better than other detergents I've used.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
Chagen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
Liquid deteregents tend to have softeners in them which eventually cause buildup in the seals of your washer and in places you cannot get to and clean...... ask anyone who works on washing machines for a living and they'll tell you powder is best for this reason. So if liquid detergent can do this to your washer, think about the buildup it could potentially cause in your diapers.
My uncle works on washing machines and appliances and has done so all of my life. He says the opposite. He has always told us to use liquid. He says once the water is gone the powder detergent turn back into powder and that settles into the machine/pipes and over time leaves major build up.

Sorry, not much help why powder is preferred over liquid but that is why I have always used liquid. He also says for me to keep my TL as long as it works. He said that the new machines aren't made to last forever and will cost me an arm and a leg to fix. So I am sticking to the liquid as well as my ugly TL for as long as I can.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chagen View Post
My uncle works on washing machines and appliances and has done so all of my life. He says the opposite. He has always told us to use liquid. He says once the water is gone the powder detergent turn back into powder and that settles into the machine/pipes and over time leaves major build up.

Sorry, not much help why powder is preferred over liquid but that is why I have always used liquid. He also says for me to keep my TL as long as it works. He said that the new machines aren't made to last forever and will cost me an arm and a leg to fix. So I am sticking to the liquid as well as my ugly TL for as long as I can.
Wow! I used to work for a major national appliance repair chain and every tech who works on washers says to use powder but then this is the recommendation on all the newer frontloaders because of the rubber seal around the door that gunks up over time and smells..... same recommendation about dishwashers, too.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Personally I've found ANY type of liquid (even Tide) doesn't clean well for us, and it tends to leave lots of residue as well. Powder seems to rinse out much easier for us and clean better, but we do have hard water.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote