Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

Any Pockets have Cotton interiors?

Even though the little one isn't here yet, now that I've gotten my hands on a few (or many) diapers, and had a looksee, I find myself gravitating towards Pockets and AIOs over PFs and Fitteds. But what initially drew me to Fitteds, etc. is the natural fibers, especially cotton. Anyway, I have a couple cotton AIOs (grovia and BGE) to try out, but even just through prepping them can tell that dry time is going to be a major pain in my butt.

So, I wanted to find out if there are any pockets out there with cotton interiors, and does this effect their functionality a great deal? I know one of the features of pockets that appeal to most people is the stay-dry affect of the fleece interior.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any Pockets have Cotton interiors?

I think you hit the nail on the head with the last thing you said. 99% of the pockets I've ever looked at or used have a stay dry inner material, either microfleece, suedecloth, or some type of moisture wicking material. You have the option to use a natural fiber insert, like stuffing with prefolds, flats, bamboo or hemp.

I used to have some swaddlebees pockets that have since been discontinued, but the lining was cotton velour (still not completely natural, but it wasn't stay dry).

I have seen minky inner, but that isn't natural either.

So what is it that you're looking for? an AIO that doesn't take forever to dry? Or an AI2 with cotton?
Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

I am sure you can find anything you want. Personally I'd stay away from pockets with natural inner. Most likely that natural inner will cause leaks unless you change every time you LO pees. Which would be a good thing for the baby but not realistic probably.

Plus any cotton inner won't give your baby dry feeling like man-made fabrics.

If you really want to try cotton inner and quick dry time, I'd suggest AI2 with lay in insert made of natural materials as well.
olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
MomBecks
Registered Users

Happy Heinys makes a hemp pocket diaper. My little girl can't do any polyester She gets all these little red bumps all over her tush whenever I use fleece on her. I had to get rid of all my BGs and go all PFs and covers but these would be nice for a more convenient option.
MomBecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for yet. I know I want to minimize dry time. We have a big household and a ton of laundry. It's going to be difficult to manage if my dryer is constantly tied up.

I like the idea of cotton interiors - the smooth, soft interior of my Grovias just makes me want to swoon (despite the softness of fleece, etc. I've never been a fan of the way it gets pilly, etc.) Of course, these opinions have no real bearing on functionality which is going to win out at the end of the day.

I like that pockets and AIOs are basically like a sposie - a huge plus when dealing with the DH. An AI2 might appeal. If I can assemble it like you can a pocket so that its stacked and ready to go - no more fuss or fidgeting when actually diapering - then I might like it as much as a pocket.

Honestly, I have no idea what I want yet. There are so many fricking options! Every day my DH is like...you're still looking at diapers? Every time you're on the computer, you're looking at diapers. Don't you do anything else?...Well, sometimes I look at the accessories....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by olstep View Post
I am sure you can find anything you want. Personally I'd stay away from pockets with natural inner. Most likely that natural inner will cause leaks unless you change every time you LO pees. Which would be a good thing for the baby but not realistic probably.

Plus any cotton inner won't give your baby dry feeling like man-made fabrics.

If you really want to try cotton inner and quick dry time, I'd suggest AI2 with lay in insert made of natural materials as well.
In general, a cotton, bamboo or hemp inner will cause wicking with a pocket. A WAHM coudl make them for you if you really wanted, though. I also make bamboo inner aios, i could, easily do cotton though

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think you'd be more likely to find a natural fiber inner w/something called a "pocket fitted". Generally pocket fitteds require a cover. I know you can get natural bamboo inners from Preston's Pants or you can get bamboo-inner pocket fitteds from Green Acre Designs.

Here are some I found on Hyena Cart that might work for you:

http://hyenacart.com/CheekyDiapers/m...Fitted-Pocket-

http://hyenacart.com/CheekyDiapers/m...Fitted-Pocket-

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why would s natural inner on a pocket be any more likely to wick than a AIO or AI2? I have 7 RSD pockets with bamboo fleece inners that I love, they are DS's fav's
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrw2 View Post
Why would s natural inner on a pocket be any more likely to wick than a AIO or AI2? I have 7 RSD pockets with bamboo fleece inners that I love, they are DS's fav's
It depends on the construction

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrw2 View Post
If the inner turns out at the legs or waist, and it's wet, then if it contacts clothing the moisture will wick even though the outer is "waterproof". Just something to pay attention to I would trust Heather (Bugga Bugga Boutique) she's been making diapers a while and CD'd quite a few bottoms

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote