Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #1
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aug 26th Daily Chat

Do you like/love your OB or Midwife???

Advertisement

mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Aug 26th Daily Chat

This is my first hospital birth and I have to say I LOVE my ob. She is amazing! She ok'd pretty much everything on my birth plan and has told me whatever I want to do is fine as long as labor is progressing and baby is doing great.

off topic- My stomach has been super tight feeling. Like its stretched to the max and its tight. I dont remember it feeling like that with DD?
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #3
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to say I don't love my MW. I like her a lot and think she is very competent but love no. I actually love my doula and since she will be with me most of the labor process the mw can just focus on the baby and that is fine with me

Some days my belly feels very stretched (like yesterday) some days not (like today). I think it is normal.

I was on call last night for work so I just work tonight and then not again till like wednesday! yay!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely love my OB! He is the best! He has the best personality, and never makes anything feel awkward or scary. He jokes around and always has me laughing! He even had me laughing as I was pushing out my son, seriously! He's open about any questions/suggestions/concerns that I have, and is just great! I completely trust mine and my baby's life with him while in his care. He IS #1 rated OB/GYN in our city as well, which I thought was super cool!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not sure if I'm going to love my MW yet or not. I think I will tho! She seems great but I've only met with her once. We have another appointment tomorrow morning (the first app on Wed was just a consultation). Ugh which means I need to get the house cleaned up today.

It is crazy busy around here! It's a little overwhelming so I might not be on as much for the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
I really like one of my mws, and I think the other is pretty good. Both are much better than any of the obs I met that I might have had at the Dr office I would have gone to with a hospital birth.

Thank goodness its Friday. We have 11 kids today, ugh! We have several special needs kids too, who I love, but it makes the class extra challenging. They are all moving up to the next room soon except our one little girl with autism and our little boy with a speech delay. I'm hoping it mellows out for my last couple months at work, lol.

Nothing else is going on. Baby was moving a lot last night. I forgot how amazing those first real movements are. They weren't just kicks, but rolls and pushes too. Love it! Won't so much though when baby is rolling up into my ribs, lol!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I don't know my ob yet I have an appt today at 10:30am, I will get to meet her then.
Can someone find and bump up my thread about that P17 she wanted me to have please? I can't find it, yet.
I want to refresh my info because I know she is going to ask me about my declining it.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOVE my MW!! First appt we spent 2 hrs talking!

This baby is all over the place too! Sometimes way up high, sometimes low, lots of kicking.

Not much else going on. . .just one more week till our Hawaii vacation! DH has been really busy at work, so it will be nice to just have some down-time and family-time.

I'm at that horrible stage though where maternity clothes (shirts eps) just look so huge and tent-like, but regular clothes don't fit either. Argh. So, I am hating everything I have to wear recently.

Last edited by kismetbaby; 08-26-2011 at 10:46 AM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #9
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

uh oh

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 09-06-2011 at 11:44 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hmm there are too many 8 OB's and 6 MW's at the practice I go to. I like all of them (that I have met, all the mw's and 2 OB's), but I love a few of them. Of course the mw who was on call when I delivered Leah was one that I thought was just okay, but she was great in labor exactly what I needed her to be, so she moved up to my "love" list