Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

What would you say/do?

We are not telling people about the pg yet...

A good friend of mine came over to buy some baby clothes... We were sitting around talking and she asked if we were going to have more kids... I say my usual line of yes whenever the Lord was ready... She turns and looks me over real good and says... Are you pg?

I keep looking down and try to quickly change the question... That of course doesn't work... So after she keeps asking around to question... I say... You have got to stop asking... I'm not going to answer those questions... So please stop asking... We joke about it for a minute then move on... She true asking/talking about it later... But I just talked about something else...

Here's my thing... I am not ready to tell/talk about it... I mean I am but i don't want to jinkz it... Kwim... Would usually don't tell unit we have seen a u/s... I am hoping to have on this week... So I might be ready to tell at dh's bday party...

What do you say/do when people guess before you are ready to tell?

Advertisement

Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lie.

"Nope. Not that I'm aware of."
Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What would you say/do?

I would have to say something like "yes, but we're not telling anyone yet", because I don't like to lie, also I'm terrible at it anyway, so I wouldn't be convincing anyone anyway.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516
I would have to say something like "yes, but we're not telling anyone yet", because I don't like to lie, also I'm terrible at it anyway, so I wouldn't be convincing anyone anyway.
Yeah this is what I did. Dh accidentally spilled the beans to the older boys before we really planned and they told a friend who told a friend and their moms knew. One was a good long time friend of mine that I hadn't told yet. Another was a mom from my DS3s class who has a DD at the jr high too. Ugh! It got out before I planned and I didn't want to lie. I just couldn't. So I told them I was but we're not really telling people yet so please keep it on the down low. When I came back this school yr most people could tell or knew. The lady from our office was at Gymbo at the same time as me and we talked, the day the teacher list came out the other office lady B lined it right over to me. LOL It's inevitable, especially with close friends. All my close friends knew right away.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

With DS, a coworker guessed long before I would have told. I admitted it, and willingly let the cat out of the bag at work at least. I wasn't willing to lie about it.

With this pregnancy, and following two miscarriages, I wanted very few people to know. We do tell very immediate family members including my mother. Well this time around she forgot and told one family member who told another who told...you get the picture. I was most upset though not that everybody knew, but that my DH's grandma (who was the one my mom told) calls me about the pregnancy and why we didn't tell her. We definitely intended for her to find out from us, not someone else. We wanted to wait though until at least our 9 week ultrasound. But that's the way it goes. Everyone wants to gossip about pregnancy.

Last edited by keowilliams; 08-27-2011 at 05:55 PM.
keowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just don't want to lie about it... Linda feel like it's still not real why jinkz it... Kwim? I will tell folks after I see a beating heart!

The funny thing is... I know 4 other couples that are pg! One is 14wks and just now telling... The the other are all due around me if not after and already telling...
Old 08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
SemiGreenMeg
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezark View Post
Lie.

"Nope. Not that I'm aware of."
This is what I always said when people asked before we were ready to tell. I did end up blabbing to a couple close friends, but I would just deny it or change the subject with everyone else.
SemiGreenMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

The pushiness on getting an answer would bother me, so I would probably say, I am not ready to answer questions like that, and follow it up with an explanation that I even when and if I am pregnant I feel most comfortable waiting for a little while before I tell people about it, and I will definitely include her when I am ready to share important news like that.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:42 PM   #9
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
The pushiness on getting an answer would bother me, so I would probably say, I am not ready to answer questions like that, and follow it up with an explanation that I even when and if I am pregnant I feel most comfortable waiting for a little while before I tell people about it, and I will definitely include her when I am ready to share important news like that.
Thanks!!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #10
Crow Mountain Crafts
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom just got me last week on this one. We were planning on telling anyone until 2nd trimester and after the 1st ultrasound. I said something about how the food we had eating wasnt sitting well - nothing to do with being preggers though, just bad food. And she looks right at me and says "Your pregnant again, huh?"

Grrr... I couldnt lie to my mom.
Crow Mountain Crafts is offline   Reply With Quote