Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #11
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Week of Aug. 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
I'm a pretty standard 13 days with a 30 day cycle. It's almost clockwork actually (which I used to hate before TTC).

Have you BD before O? Regardless, I can't remember how long the egg survives after dropping, but I think you're safe.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Clockwork sounds wonderful for *while* ttc When do you plan to start testing? I always plan to wait until 10 dpo, but I'll likely cave earlier this time since I have a new batch of ic's.

Egg survives 12-24 hours, according to DH's embryology textbook from grad school, but it doesn't say how long the little swimmers take to *get* to the egg, so that's what I wasn't sure about. But yes, I mostly wanted to get a post-o attempt in there just to maximize chances -- we also tried 4 days, 2 days, and 2x 1 day prior. So if we don't make it, it won't be for lack of opportunity.

Liz, how are you doing with the anxiety? I woke up thinking about you this morning. Hoping all is well and you're feeling better.

Advertisement

Last edited by Ardenne; 08-30-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:18 AM   #12
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardenne

Clockwork sounds wonderful for *while* ttc When do you plan to start testing? I always plan to wait until 10 dpo, but I'll likely cave earlier this time since I have a new batch of ic's.

Egg survives 12-24 hours, according to DH's embryology textbook from grad school, but it doesn't say how long the little swimmers take to *get* to the egg, so that's what I wasn't sure about. But yes, I mostly wanted to get a post-o attempt in there just to maximize chances -- we also tried 4 days, 2 days, and 2x 1 day prior. So if we don't make it, it won't be for lack of opportunity.
Wow - I'd say you definitely covered your BD bases! Now we enter the wait and see period. I'll probably start testing at 8DPO because I'm weak and with a previous ectopic, I like to get betas ASAP.

AFM - I'm now having O pains on my left side (a day after I'm sure I Od from my right. How possible is it to drop an egg from each side, 24 hours apart?

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Quote:
Wow - I'd say you definitely covered your BD bases! Now we enter the wait and see period. I'll probably start testing at 8DPO because I'm weak and with a previous ectopic, I like to get betas ASAP.

AFM - I'm now having O pains on my left side (a day after I'm sure I Od from my right. How possible is it to drop an egg from each side, 24 hours apart?

No idea, but it sounds promising! Is there any family history of fraternal twins? I've actually heard of people getting pregnant with "twins" up to a month apart, super rare but it happens.

Ardenne, definitely sounds like your bases are covered lol!

Cindy, how is your DD today? Fevers are no fun!
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #14
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:

Yes, I have to say, we gave it our best try

I'm pretty sure that's possible. I think it happened to me last cycle, actually, though only about 12 hours apart. Fingers crossed for you
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #15
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You

No idea, but it sounds promising! Is there any family history of fraternal twins? I've actually heard of people getting pregnant with "twins" up to a month apart, super rare but it happens!
umm...just one set! *gulp* my sister also lost a twin with her first pregnancy.

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #16
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Hey Lucy - maybe you have double the chances this month! 2 eggs can come from 1 on either side or both from 1 side. And it definitely does not have to be at the exact same time.

My DD is getting better. Thanks for asking. I have yet to give her fever meds this morning. She feels a smidge warm to me but says she is better. Now fingers crossed that DH and I do not get it!

Cindy
Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #17
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning Ladies! It sounds like there has been a lot of "trying" going on. I hope that is a stress reliever. For me it is. LOL.

AFM - Well, as usual, we pretty much missed it. I should have O'd on Sunday and we didn't BD till Monday. I guess I really need to get more pro-active about telling him and being willing to start it. The thing is, we are pretty active in the bedroom. It just keeps happening that we have a lull right at that time and I don't feel comfortable saying much about it. I really need to step up though. As I always say, you can't win if you don't play. I always think it isn't that big of a deal because it won't happen anyway, but then after, I'm sad and kicking myself, so to speak. Ugh!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:53 PM   #18
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Good Morning Ladies! It sounds like there has been a lot of "trying" going on. I hope that is a stress reliever. For me it is. LOL.

AFM - Well, as usual, we pretty much missed it. I should have O'd on Sunday and we didn't BD till Monday. I guess I really need to get more pro-active about telling him and being willing to start it. The thing is, we are pretty active in the bedroom. It just keeps happening that we have a lull right at that time and I don't feel comfortable saying much about it. I really need to step up though. As I always say, you can't win if you don't play. I always think it isn't that big of a deal because it won't happen anyway, but then after, I'm sad and kicking myself, so to speak. Ugh!
I always find it annoying when people say stuff like, well at least you can have fun trying, as in having lots of sex is fun when TTC. They just don't get the stress of it. I have a pretty low sex drive to begin with, but when I notice my CM change we've got this unwritten rule that we BD every other day till I dry up or my temp changes. We try not to talk about it much, I'll just mention that I think it's around that time.

By the way, what's AFM?

And here's my info Heather.

Screen Name: myblessedbaby
Current children and ages: John 3.5, Grace 22 months
Losses: 12/06, 2/11, 5/11, 8/11
Diagnosis: PCOS. recurrent pregnancy loss
Cycles TTC another: Since January 2011. I've gotten pregnant 3x, but lost all pregnancies by 5-8 weeks.

On a different note, I just read a good book some of you might be interested in, especially if you've been through a pregnancy loss. It's called " Heaven is for real." I know it's not for everybody, but if you are a Christian, you'll probably find it a good read.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #19
Dewberri
Registered Users
seller

OH! to you Ardenne! and Heather! and x2 to you, Lucy!!

AFM = As for me... I got my blood work done today. Technically I wasn't due for it until Friday but my OB said I could get it done a few days early We're going out of town for the long weekend and I didn't want to have to push it off until the middle of next week... so to my OB. Sooo results of that in a week or two...

My hobby: Fluff-n-Stuff -> Temp. on hold while I rebuild my stash for the newbie
Dewberri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #20
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I always find it annoying when people say stuff like, well at least you can have fun trying, as in having lots of sex is fun when TTC. They just don't get the stress of it. I have a pretty low sex drive to begin with, but when I notice my CM change we've got this unwritten rule that we BD every other day till I dry up or my temp changes. We try not to talk about it much, I'll just mention that I think it's around that time.

By the way, what's AFM?

And here's my info Heather.

Screen Name: myblessedbaby
Current children and ages: John 3.5, Grace 22 months
Losses: 12/06, 2/11, 5/11, 8/11
Diagnosis: PCOS. recurrent pregnancy loss
Cycles TTC another: Since January 2011. I've gotten pregnant 3x, but lost all pregnancies by 5-8 weeks.

On a different note, I just read a good book some of you might be interested in, especially if you've been through a pregnancy loss. It's called " Heaven is for real." I know it's not for everybody, but if you are a Christian, you'll probably find it a good read.

AFM is and further more...

I loved that book! It really helped me so much with the loss of our Jack!