Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #21
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kate - I hear ya mama! "Trying" is fun for a month or two, but after that it can be hard to balance the joy of making love with the frustration of your body not working as you want it to. I tell those well-meaning advice givers to come and talk to me after they've tried for over a year and suffered multiple losses.

Dewberi - yay for understanding doctors! I hope the blood work yields some answers and solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #22
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy

AFM is and further more...
Funny, I always thought it stood for "As for me!"

Old 08-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #23
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children Struggling for More, Week of Aug. 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I always find it annoying when people say stuff like, well at least you can have fun trying, as in having lots of sex is fun when TTC. They just don't get the stress of it. I have a pretty low sex drive to begin with, but when I notice my CM change we've got this unwritten rule that we BD every other day till I dry up or my temp changes. We try not to talk about it much, I'll just mention that I think it's around that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Kate - I hear ya mama! "Trying" is fun for a month or two, but after that it can be hard to balance the joy of making love with the frustration of your body not working as you want it to. I tell those well-meaning advice givers to come and talk to me after they've tried for over a year and suffered multiple losses.

Dewberi - yay for understanding doctors! I hope the blood work yields some answers and solutions.

Sorry Ladies. Obviously, that was an insensitive thing to say. I truly didn't mean it to be. For me, I have a high drive and always have. I may hate the end result each month, but I like the act. It is a stress reliever and good for my marriage even if it has to be done. It has always been that way even before we had our first and tried for 2 years before finding out we needed the IVF. For me, it is one way to look on the bright side. But, I do understand it isn't like that for everyone. I'm sorry to have been insensitive.

ETA - It is bothering me that I offended you ladies. I wanted to add that I wasn't intending to give anyone advice nor was I meaning the cliche "At least it is fun trying." I am very aware that trying is not fun and I don't like it either when people say that. TTC is not fun, but for me, DTD is. I was just being lighthearted and forgetting that I am unusual in that. Again, I'm sorry.

AFM = As for me

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 08-30-2011 at 10:53 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #24
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like I've been away for ever! The last few days have been pretty crazy. DH has been uber busy and I'm trying to make the last week of summer extra fun. Just got caught up hope everyone that was having a hard time a couple of days ago is feeling better now. And to those waiting to test.. And Liz: great numbers!!!

AFM: My nausea is mostly gone and my hunger is back. It actually had me a little worried but I had my second beta yesterday and I went from 720 on Wednesday to 8748! I'm starting to actually believe I'm pregnant. My U/S is next Wednesday so we'll know for sure what's going on then.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 PM   #25
Vegan Princess
Registered Users
seller

Meldo: You weren't really sick with your other 2 right? So I wouldn't read too much into it. Not with #s like that! Yay! I can't wait for your u/s.

Dewberri: I hope you get answers. Nice of a doc to squeeze you in early.

AFM: DH went for his hormone panel this morning. I think I'll wait to call for the results until we are back from our trip next week (unless they call us). Nothing exciting here. Just been stuck inside all day with a still sick and very easily upset little one all day. Have some serious cabin fever. So glad we are going away on Thursday. A total change of scenery will be nice.

Cindy
Old 08-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #26
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awesome Melissa!!!

Thinking of you Cindy!
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #27
Ardenne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Sorry Ladies. Obviously, that was an insensitive thing to say. I truly didn't mean it to be. For me, I have a high drive and always have. I may hate the end result each month, but I like the act. It is a stress reliever and good for my marriage even if it has to be done. It has always been that way even before we had our first and tried for 2 years before finding out we needed the IVF. For me, it is one way to look on the bright side. But, I do understand it isn't like that for everyone. I'm sorry to have been insensitive.

ETA - It is bothering me that I offended you ladies. I wanted to add that I wasn't intending to give anyone advice nor was I meaning the cliche "At least it is fun trying." I am very aware that trying is not fun and I don't like it either when people say that. TTC is not fun, but for me, DTD is. I was just being lighthearted and forgetting that I am unusual in that. Again, I'm sorry.

AFM = As for me
Oh, Heather! No apologies necessary, and you didn't offend me in the least. Fwiw, my first thought was actually, 'That's so wonderful for them, that the stress hasn't taken all the fun out of it!' (I think you really hit the nail on the head with "TTC isn't fun, but for me, DTD is." People who haven't struggled don't realize there's a difference.) IMHO, it's a wonderful blessing that DTD is still consistently fun for you, and I don't think you were being insensitive to share what's true for you; it's not like you were telling *others* how they're supposed to feel about it. Other mamas sharing their own experiences and stories never offend me, only people who think their own experiences qualify them to tell you what you 'ought' to be feeling, and imho you've *never* done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
On a different note, I just read a good book some of you might be interested in, especially if you've been through a pregnancy loss. It's called " Heaven is for real." I know it's not for everybody, but if you are a Christian, you'll probably find it a good read.
I'll second that. A friend gave a copy to me as a gift several months ago, and I found it really gave me food for thought. I recently passed it on to another friend who lost her son at 24 weeks, hoping it'll help her as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewberri View Post
OH! to you Ardenne! and Heather! and x2 to you, Lucy!!

AFM = As for me... I got my blood work done today. Technically I wasn't due for it until Friday but my OB said I could get it done a few days early We're going out of town for the long weekend and I didn't want to have to push it off until the middle of next week... so to my OB. Sooo results of that in a week or two...
Thank you so much And hurray for your considerate OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo View Post
I feel like I've been away for ever! The last few days have been pretty crazy. DH has been uber busy and I'm trying to make the last week of summer extra fun. Just got caught up hope everyone that was having a hard time a couple of days ago is feeling better now. And to those waiting to test.. And Liz: great numbers!!!

AFM: My nausea is mostly gone and my hunger is back. It actually had me a little worried but I had my second beta yesterday and I went from 720 on Wednesday to 8748! I'm starting to actually believe I'm pregnant. My U/S is next Wednesday so we'll know for sure what's going on then.
This is great news! Praying all continues to go well for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
AFM: DH went for his hormone panel this morning. I think I'll wait to call for the results until we are back from our trip next week (unless they call us). Nothing exciting here. Just been stuck inside all day with a still sick and very easily upset little one all day. Have some serious cabin fever. So glad we are going away on Thursday. A total change of scenery will be nice.
Cindy
Have a great trip!

Last edited by Ardenne; 08-31-2011 at 05:37 AM.
Ardenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 AM   #28
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs

ETA - It is bothering me that I offended you ladies. I wanted to add that I wasn't intending to give anyone advice nor was I meaning the cliche "At least it is fun trying." I am very aware that trying is not fun and I don't like it either when people say that. TTC is not fun, but for me, DTD is. I was just being lighthearted and forgetting that I am unusual in that. Again, I'm sorry.me
Heather - No, no, no! My vent was not at all directed at you! That was directed at those who insist on telling me "just relax and it'll happen." or "stop trying and just enjoy the moment."

My DH and I truly enjoy our intimate times and we're at a stage now that we BD only when we want to, regardless of ovulation timing. But flippant advice from those who have never been there is insulting. Advice from you ladies is always appreciated!

Melissa - Great numbers mama! Congrats!

Cindy - Enjoy your vacation! Hope it offers some stress relief for you!

Last edited by wordmama; 08-31-2011 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM   #29
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post

AFM = As for me
You didnt' offend me at all! I quoted what you said about missing the window of DTD, because I agree There's many times when I'm not in the mood but would kick myself if I didn't DTD when I think I'm Oing.
Seriously, no offense taken from what you said! I wasn't directing my comment about "TTC is fun" at you, it was for all the people who say that to me. And I certainly don't think that's you.

ETA: I just went back and looked at my original post, I see where the misunderstanding happened. I quoted your whole post, when I really was commenting on your AMF section. I took no offense to the first part of your post about a stress reliever, in fact I didn't even notice it until just now! Sorry to stress you out mama! Totally didn't mean to.

Last edited by myblessedbaby; 08-31-2011 at 07:43 AM.
myblessedbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #30
Fleece Be With You
Registered Users
OperaDiva
seller

Add me to the "not offended" list, it actually gives me hope that once my hormones are in order, maybe I can enjoy DTD again.

Melissa, those are amazing numbers! Definitely think there are 2 sticky beans in there for you mama!
Jessica, wife to L (8-5-05) Breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, CDing, ECing, babywearing Mama to H (9-18-09), my miracle baby! TTC #2!
I make and sell Fleece side-snap ConvertoTrainers! WAHM page Hyenacart Facebook Page
My Ovulation Chart
Fleece Be With You is offline   Reply With Quote