Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
ArtyMtnMama
Registered Users
seller

Sleep struggles, 5.5 mo old

When DD sleeps in our bed she nurses to sleep and wakes up almost every hour or 45 minutes and has to nurse back to sleep. Cosleeping is great in general but we can't afford a queen size bed and my back is hurting bad. Also DD needs a better night sleep and i need to work at night so I'd like to be able to put her in her crib for the first half of the night. IF she sleeps in her crib she sleeps longer.

The problem is she will not go to sleep unless nursing and I can't move her without waking her up. She will not take a pacifier. Anyone else dealing with this?

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Sleep struggles, 5.5 mo old

Ooof...this was my daughter exactly. Same timing for nursing and everything! Honestly...this is going to sound so lazy, but when we tried crib sleeping for a couple months, I crawled into her crib to nurse her to sleep, then very quietly crawled back out. ^_^
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you able to fit a crib in your room? Could you side car it up to your bed? We did this around 9 mths and it is awesome. Wish I would have done it from the start. Give my son his own space, let's me nurse him and slip away with out him moving and I get my space. It's awesome!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #4
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Does she nurse to sleep for naps too? If so start breaking that first and then nights *should* go easier. My dd started sleeping a lot better once she quit nursing to sleep. If your dh can get her to sleep for a few nights too that helps as well. DD didn't like it at first but we all slept better for it.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
pcjs
Registered Users

The Graco pack and play lite is really compact - we have a tiny house and I sometimes keep/kept it next to our bed - we couldn't sleep well with our son in the bed or right next to me as I jump at every sound and have to check on him (but we have a small house so we can hear him/no monitor but I like monitors).
Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes!!! This is us. The ped recommended nursing with a small toy or "lovie" nearby and hope that the baby associates the lovie with mom and then you can move baby with lovie to crib. So far, we aren't having much luck, but we're trying to keep with it.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
dornmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I second side caring the crib if you have room. It's great! It has all of the benefits of co-sleeping with the extra room for mama and baby to stretch out.
Terra, wife to James (10.16.05), mama to Sasha (born via c/s 8.4.06), my sweet angel boy in heaven Glenn (born still on 5.2.08 my VBAC angel), George (born via VBAC on 11.17.09), June 2011 and September 2011 .
dornmama is offline   Reply With Quote