Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Placenta previa and pelvic rest. How did you survive

So I found out today that I have a complete previa. I haven't had any bleeding so that is great but dr put me in complete pelvic rest to be safe. I didn't realize not having sex would be such a shock. I'm not really in the mood but when it happens I do enjoy it and to be told nothing for essentially 6months is going to be tough. Did you all follow orders exactly or was there cheating as long as you hadn't experienced bleeding?

Advertisement

Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta previa and pelvic rest. How did you survive

We haven't had sex in about 4 months. Not because I am on pelvic rest but because we just don't seem to have time or are sick or exhausted. Plus the belly... But anyhow, pelvic rest doesn't mean you can't still enjoy yourself without penetration does it? I mean... there are other ways...
Old 08-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Nope pelvic rest means nada no fun on my side at all because orgasms cause mild contractions which cancause bleeding
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #4
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have previa, but I had a mega fluid-filled cyst that we didn't want to rupture, so we didn't have sex from 22 weeks on. It was rough but we managed. I think we DTD the same day as my 6 week PP checkup where my doctor cleared me for "all normal activities"
Old 08-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had complete previa as well and we survived. I did offer to do some um nice things for dh which were much appreciated. I ended up having my c/s at 33 weeks bc of low amniotic fluid - which sucked ds was so early but it did shave some time off. And tbh dtd was very uncomfortable for me for like the first 6mo pp so it didn't happen very often until then.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM   #6
rebekahruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah... I was right where you are last year. It sucks....for me it got easier the longer I went, had to do favors for DH, poor thing. After 5 months of nothing we took a day off at a hotel and made the comeback super special. Hang in there, you can do it!
Becky, SAHM, married my gift from God 8/10/05 ~ proud mama to Harper Gayle, 10/18/08 Rocket Zion 9/17/10 , and why wait #3 :wave2: EDD 3/26/12
rebekahruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I was on pelvic rest for one pregnancy and was told I could still orgasm and that anal sex was OK... not sure you want to do that and I dont blame ya if you dont. Lol.

Did your OB specifically say no orgasms?
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
RedheadMom09
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was diagnosed with previa at 19 weeks, we were on a 'babymoon" and rushed to the hospital due to bright red bleeding after DTD. Finding out I had previa and seeing the results firsthand of DTD really turned us both off the idea. They monitored mine with another ultrasound 4 weeks later and the placenta had moved completely up and out of the way, so pelvic rest was lifted at that point.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a SCH at 11 weeks w/ my tenth. We used common sense and I listened to my body. We had sex and baby was well. I think blanket no sex or orgasm is very personal and I believe women are much smarter than given credit for.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It seems like if you weren't having any issues before the previa was diagnosed, that complete pelvic rest is a little...much (for me it would be, personally). Of course you have to feel comfortable with your own decisions, but if the previa hadn't been discovered at the ultrasound, you wouldn't know about it unless there was an issue, right? Is there any research that shows that no sex helps to prevent complications that might happen with a placenta previa? I am genuinely curious; I will look it up, also.